Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:45 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I was thinking that I really don't want your poorly kept $500K house to be next door to my well maintained $1 Million house.

Because we all know that $ 500K owners are trashy and don't keep up their yards ...

Glad you agree!

It doesn't matter what price point you're talking about - the concept is the same. Thanks for pointing it out!

The fact is, though, someone is far less likely to spend $500K on a rental than they are $250K.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:35 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,446,794 times
Where are these $250k homes with yards to maintain in Bedford? I'm sure lots of buyers would like to know.

And the conversation may have switched over to rentals, but it was clear from the first post on it that the point was that the more money you spend on your home the more likely you are to maintain your home and yard.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:00 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Where are these $250k homes with yards to maintain in Bedford? I'm sure lots of buyers would like to know.

And the conversation may have switched over to rentals, but it was clear from the first post on it that the point was that the more money you spend on your home the more likely you are to maintain your home and yard.
Does the price level really matter?.
I see astonishing abuse and also great pride of ownership at all price ranges.

It would seem to follow that more affluent owners have more wherewithal to dedicate to caring for their properties, but if they have cash or credit to support odd tastes things can get weird in a hurry.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:21 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post

I'm not even sure this thread is about Bedford At Falls River, AT ALL.

In all of the really large neighborhoods (Bedford, Heritage, Wakefield, etc.), the homes are clustered by section (price) so you won't see a $500K home next door to a $250K home. It just isn't done that way.

Because I'm in and out of these n'hoods so often, I see some good, some bad. Bedford and Heritage won many awards on being the "most friendly n'hoods", "best family n'hoods", etc.

It all comes down to taking all these opinions and then seeing for yourself.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:08 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
It's not about the home price.
It's about three things-
1) The layout of the neighborhood
2) The range of home types and prices in the neighborhood
3) The buyer/tenant profile for that range

Zero lot line homes such as the McNeill Burbank Cottages in both Bedford and Cary Park attract first time buyers and landlords. Neither of those groups tend to have a high level of interest in maintaining their property.

Bedford is more thoughtfully laid out in terms of clustering their home types than Cary Park. Go drive down Cary Glen Boulevard between the circle and Weldon Ridge Boulevard and have a look around-between the cottage owners who refuse to use their alley garages and the generally poor yard upkeep that section is a huge eyesore, and it runs directly into $500,000 homes at both ends.

I honestly don't care if you are offended by my comments. This is NOT about class warfare. It is about your biggest investment at ANY price point.

I can also report that as a resident of Cary Park for over 4 years early on in its development that every time you met a new neighbor you were "sized up" based on the street you lived on and who your builder was. I didn't like that at all, and we were on the high end of the price range at that time. We had neighbors who clearly were bothered by the fact that we socialized with people of all ages who lived in smaller,less expensive homes than we did.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:10 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

It would seem to follow that more affluent owners have more wherewithal to dedicate to caring for their properties, but if they have cash or credit to support odd tastes things can get weird in a hurry.
Anybody know where I can get a birdbath with a mermaid on it?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:10 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,446,794 times
Quote:

Agreed - 100%.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:11 AM

3,304 posts, read 8,555,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Wow
We have some really pompous posters on this board don't we? .

Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:

So, my 8 ft dragon sculpture for the flower bed is out?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:15 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Anybody know where I can get a birdbath with a mermaid on it?
NOT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary