Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 12:18 PM

17 posts, read 18,283 times

Advertisements

Yes, Indian Wells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 08:19 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times
PatienceGuy & Patthezoo: What are your thoughts about Lennar now being the builder? No difference? Concerned? Happy? Inquiring minds and all....

Old 04-22-2016, 08:55 AM

98 posts, read 107,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
PatienceGuy & Patthezoo: What are your thoughts about Lennar now being the builder? No difference? Concerned? Happy? Inquiring minds and all....
Can't speak personally, but my brother built through Lennar and seemed to have a pleasant experience. A few delays here and there, they also seem to have a great warranty and stand by their product.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:23 PM

i have friends who had good and bad experience with Lennar. I am waiting to hear from them about how they are going to approach already signed contracts. Are they going to build the same plans and features? Are they going to complete with in the time frame given in the contract etc?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:58 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Lennar is just another production builder, but I would likely be as comfortable, or more comfortable, working with them as with KHov.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienceGuy View Post
i have friends who had good and bad experience with Lennar. I am waiting to hear from them about how they are going to approach already signed contracts. Are they going to build the same plans and features? Are they going to complete with in the time frame given in the contract etc?
How far did KHov get in developing the land? Does it have the streets and utilities in place? In your contract is it stated when the house is to be completed? I see that Lennar is clearing the land for the next phase of Fryar's Gate - I guess it makes sense that they are taking over Indian Wells since the two developments are so close to each other. Having never purchased a home as a dirt sell I honestly do not know the process. Sorry if all the questions are bothersome.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Lennar is just another production builder, but I would likely be as comfortable, or more comfortable, working with them as with KHov.
I am sure it is six of one, half a dozen of the other. Do you know if KHov sold the lots prior to having the land developed with roads and utilities in place? If so, how does that work not being able to see what the lots would actually look like? Also, when they have contracts for homes in advance of building what type of time frame do they give to the buyers? Seems like a lot of speculation when purchasing a non existent home....
Buying a home is so stressful in the first place, I am not sure I could purchase with such uncertainty.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:48 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I am sure it is six of one, half a dozen of the other. Do you know if KHov sold the lots prior to having the land developed with roads and utilities in place? If so, how does that work not being able to see what the lots would actually look like? Also, when they have contracts for homes in advance of building what type of time frame do they give to the buyers? Seems like a lot of speculation when purchasing a non existent home....
Buying a home is so stressful in the first place, I am not sure I could purchase with such uncertainty.
We recently had a thread from a buyer who was surprised to see a stormwater drain behind his townhome.
Yes, people are putting money down on lots that are not finished and ready for building.
It is foolhardy, and evidence that we are dealing with a fair amount of emotion/hysteria over school assignments.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:12 AM

Yes, there are streets and names ans schools assigned. They are putting cables. not sure which cables. They are supposed to complete by Aug/sep in my contract.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We recently had a thread from a buyer who was surprised to see a stormwater drain behind his townhome.
Yes, people are putting money down on lots that are not finished and ready for building.
It is foolhardy, and evidence that we are dealing with a fair amount of emotion/hysteria over school assignments.
Wow, I can not imagine putting down money on something that essentially is sight unseen with the possibility that I will not be happy and will have to walk away from the money.
When we were looking for a house the school assignment was taken into consideration but I think the most important for us was the commute for my husband. He likes to be able to get to school functions easily and essentially hates any traffic. At one time we lived less than a mile from his work and he could walk or ride his bike - now anything over 15 minutes is too much. After figuring the radius from work we looked at schools and available homes that came close to matching our must haves/wants/budget. Indian Wells is in a great location, I guess it is easier to put money down sight unseen when it has good things going for the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary