Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:51 PM

5 posts, read 11,534 times

Advertisements

"As many of you have heard, K Hovnanian Homes is selling its assets in the Raleigh Division and exiting the Raleigh market. K Hovnanian Homes is a publicly traded company and continues to be one of the top builders in the nation. There are many interested national builders and K Hovnanian Homes will chose one who will continue their excellence and quality.

K Hovnanian’s architecture, designs and elevations will be included in the asset sale so that all existing contracts will be honored and the homes will be built as they were contracted for, by an equally excellent top national builder. "

we got this email from Khov rep. We signef a contract with them at Indian Wells and now are nervous about this news but on the other hand K hov is not known to be the best builder so we are thinking maybe they are selling it to the Standard Pacific people, which isn't bad. Anyone out there has any ideas who they are selling it to? what does this mean to the people who already ady signed a contract with them? is it a good news the bad news to them? Any input is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 03:00 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
What does your contract say?

What does it say about assignability, or about builder withdrawal? What rights does it give you to terminate?
How much money did they take from you?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
What does your contract say?

What does it say about assignability, or about builder withdrawal? What rights does it give you to terminate?
How much money did they take from you?
That letter is interesting in that it seems to indicate that they already know who is buying that land.

Otherwise, it seems a bit foolhardy to state that the homes will be built by an "equally excellent top national builder," no?

And... who is "equally excellent" to K Hov?

I am not thinking anyone who'd charge more for those houses (or rather, similar ones) as they are described would sign off on an agreement to buy that land and build them.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:47 PM

" We will know which major builder will purchase the assets by April 30 or sooner. This is of course all public knowledge that was announced by the Wall Street Journal." the email continued.

we deposited 10k. Their phase 1 was sold out quickly and that is without any model homes to see, all 68 lots were sold and what they ask we have to pay, there was no negotiation allowed because of the demands.

Anyhow, I have to take a look at the contract to see what we signed. However, I think it is pretty much standard and My feelings are that the new builder will charge more for their last phase in that subdivision because I read that Khov sold all their land in NC for a profit. Hopefully, tgat is the case

Old 03-19-2016, 03:56 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patthezoo View Post
" We will know which major builder will purchase the assets by April 30 or sooner. This is of course all public knowledge that was announced by the Wall Street Journal." the email continued.

we deposited 10k. Their phase 1 was sold out quickly and that is without any model homes to see, all 68 lots were sold and what they ask we have to pay, there was no negotiation allowed because of the demands.

Anyhow, I have to take a look at the contract to see what we signed. However, I think it is pretty much standard and My feelings are that the new builder will charge more for their last phase in that subdivision because I read that Khov sold all their land in NC for a profit. Hopefully, tgat is the case
But...
Selling an asset seems different from selling a contract or an entity.
It seems to me that if they had sold the entity, KHOV NC, or something, you would have the "same" builder. Having contracted with KHOV to build you a house makes me wonder about contract wording and if, and how, you are legally bound to the next builder.

Just "wondering" because the legal stuff is above my pay grade.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:09 PM

I don't think I will back out because it is an ideal location in West Cary. Schools are great. I will post the wording of the contract when I have a chance. I am curious to know too.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patthezoo View Post
I don't think I will back out because it is an ideal location in West Cary. Schools are great. I will post the wording of the contract when I have a chance. I am curious to know too.
Hope you have a way to back out in the event that the next builder isn't building what you were getting from KHov.

I don't blame you for hoping it all stays in place. It's a good location for that price.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:57 AM

6 posts, read 8,207 times
I am in the same KHov boat except we have a contract for Lily Orchard. Really love the plan we picked so I hope we don't have to cancel the contract. That will all depend on the new builders.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 AM

17 posts, read 18,261 times
They are selling to Lennar. Hope they will start building soon. its been 6 months since they wrote the contracts.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:16 PM

PatienceGuy: I got the email saying they sell it to Lennar too. Is your contract with Indian Wells?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary