Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 01:51 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Mayfaire is near where I live and right next to a shopping center with a grocery store, drug store, gas station, and several restaurants. It looks like a pretty nice place.

Hunting Ridge was quite nice when it was built in the '70s, but I'm not sure what kind of crowd lives there now. It, too, is right across from a shopping center, and right down from another one, the farther one having a grocery store (but probably too far to walk with groceries). You're also right next to North Ridge, a very nice neighborhood with good sidewalk that would be a great place to walk your dogs.
Agree with you. we lived there 2 years.

Place is gussied up cosmetically but has serious structural and infrastructure issues. Way beyond its useful life.

Great location though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 01:32 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
The apartments here are not as "friendly" as you may think.

Most pet charges are not refundable and there are also "pet rents" to continue the ripoff.

Ask for the fees before getting serious.
All of them have the non-refundable pet fee and pet rents, every one. They're usually between $150 and $300 but Cedar Springs was the highest I saw at $600!

At least if I'm going to pay that, they should have a fenced dog park, with grass, water, benches. Many of them have pet waste stations and supply bags. I don't think that's worth the pet fee per se, but I know a lot of places inflate the "security" because of damage animals can do to apartments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
did you check around Apex a few years ago when I had 2 dogs I found a few nice places there.
I checked every pet friendly apartment building in Raleigh, Apex and Cary. But ultimately we think we want to buy a home in North Raleigh so we concentrated there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Agree with you. we lived there 2 years.

Place is gussied up cosmetically but has serious structural and infrastructure issues. Way beyond its useful life.

Great location though.
Which do you mean, Hunting Ridge or Mayfaire?

Old 04-09-2016, 05:05 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
All of them have the non-refundable pet fee and pet rents, every one. They're usually between $150 and $300 but Cedar Springs was the highest I saw at $600!

At least if I'm going to pay that, they should have a fenced dog park, with grass, water, benches. Many of them have pet waste stations and supply bags. I don't think that's worth the pet fee per se, but I know a lot of places inflate the "security" because of damage animals can do to apartments.

I checked every pet friendly apartment building in Raleigh, Apex and Cary. But ultimately we think we want to buy a home in North Raleigh so we concentrated there.

Which do you mean, Hunting Ridge or Mayfaire?
Hunting Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary