Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 PM

133 posts, read 331,380 times

Advertisements

We looked at a couple of homes in there and they seemed to be somewhat dated for the price tag. I love the location but was concerned with resale value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,959 times
Smile Devereaux sub, Cary

We just purchased a home in Devereaux. It is centrally located for us since we have family in Apex, Morrisville, and Chapel Hill. The house was well maintained and in move in condition.We come from a community that requires a car so this area is fine. On the drive through, all the homes are well kept. We're not used to having an HOA so this will be an adjustment. Our realtor and other blogs suggest that this is a very good Sub where homes sell quickly. It's a bit more hilly then we're used to so my morning run will have some adjustment.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:06 PM

120 posts, read 296,428 times
Moving in next week...thoughts & recommendations?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Great family neighborhood! Lots of kids, active community.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:02 PM

17 posts, read 25,222 times
We're considering renting a house there for a couple years. The area seems really nicely kept. I didn't drive through the whole sub though. Is it really hilly? And where is the pool? Are there kiddy playgrounds/parks nearby?

We'll be making our decision by Thursday! Fingers crossed!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickpeas View Post
We're considering renting a house there for a couple years. The area seems really nicely kept. I didn't drive through the whole sub though. Is it really hilly? And where is the pool? Are there kiddy playgrounds/parks nearby?

We'll be making our decision by Thursday! Fingers crossed!
The pool is in the east end of the neighborhood:
http://maps.raleighnc.gov/imaps/inde...pin=0743144827

White Oak Park is a great little park less than half a mile up Jenks Carpenter Road from Watchrun Drive, the entrance to the neighborhood beside the pool.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 AM

58 posts, read 130,274 times
We rented there for about a year. We found many (not all! but MANY) people to be pretty unfriendly. Not sure why that was exactly - we were on a busier road, so maybe that explains it, or there may have been a mentality of not getting too friendly with renters. But even people walking by would often not say "hi" back when I or my small kids said hello. Really odd! There is no playground in the subdivision itself. There is a sidewalk that goes around a pond, which is near the pool. The sidewalk does not go around the entire neighborhood though (also a negative for me personally). Their swim team seemed very active and that may be a good way to make connections if you have kids of a swimming age.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:38 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Devereauz doesn't strike me as being as hilly as some neighboring subdivisions...like Brookstone, West Park and Wellsley. There is a greenway as Mike mentioned that you can access from White Oak Park - head east and it comes out on Davis Drive....head west across Jenks Carpenter Road it continues through Brookstone into West Park and then from there, you can choose which direction to go.

The pool is on Wakehurst Dr, you can see it on google maps.

The friendliness of any subdivision can vary by where you are in it ...which side of the neighborhood and even which street.

Great location. Good luck with the move.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 AM

57 posts, read 145,939 times
One of my close friends used to live there. Took him many months to sell his home when the market was slow in 2009 timeframe.

Good neighborhood. Good location. Home are built around 1995-1997 timeframe. Homes built during this time are notorious of having the masonite siding (aka 'compressed paper') Roughly 80% of the homes in this neighborhood have masonite siding.

Trust me on this one....avoid homes that have masonite siding!

I believe the homes were built by a builder called Squires Homes? A lot of homes in the neighborhood have flashing problems. The decks are not flashed correctly to deflect water away from the home. Several homes have extensive wood rot and structural damage due to water collecting in the crawl space.

Just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary