Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 11:14 AM

162 posts, read 212,989 times

Advertisements

I'm bringing cupcakes for a couple of different events at school this and next week. Does anyone know where I can get nut-free cupcakes? I have called Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. They both said no.

I would prefer a grocery store where I can just pick them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 11:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy5305 View Post
I'm bringing cupcakes for a couple of different events at school this and next week. Does anyone know where I can get nut-free cupcakes? I have called Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. They both said no.

You mean, pick them up already made? That is a challenge for events where you need a large number of them.

Why not just order what you need from a shop that makes what you need?

Most places can get them made quickly.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You mean, pick them up already made? That is a challenge for events where you need a large number of them.

Why not just order what you need from a shop that makes what you need?

Most places can get them made quickly.
That would be fine. I only need 24 for the class. I usually find special orders are more expensive. I'm fine with the pre-baked ones in the clam shell package.

Do you know of a peanut free bakery?

Old 06-02-2016, 11:32 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,779,658 times
Allergy kids are not going to be allowed to eat anything you bring in. It's too risky for the school to take your word for it. Allergy kids will have their own snack for special occasions. If this is your reason for going peanut free I would not bother. It's nice that you're trying to be inclusive but there will be kids who are allergic to eggs and gluten free etc. I also doubt you will find a bakery that will guarantee to be allergen free. Most have signs saying such.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Allergy kids are not going to be allowed to eat anything you bring in. It's too risky for the school to take your word for it. Allergy kids will have their own snack for special occasions. If this is your reason for going peanut free I would not bother. It's nice that you're trying to be inclusive but there will be kids who are allergic to eggs and gluten free etc. I also doubt you will find a bakery that will guarantee to be allergen free. Most have signs saying such.
I think that's the problem I'm running into. I was worried that would be the case. I was at an event last year at school where a little girl started crying because she couldn't have whatever treat was being offered. It really broke my heart.

I guess I'll go ahead and order from Teeter. Thanks for the input.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,544 times
The bakery at Walmart sells mini cupcakes that are peanut and tree nut free. I buy them for my nut allergic kids all of the time. As a mom of food allergic kids, thank you for your empathy. It is something that the world is lacking these days!

Old 06-02-2016, 12:45 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
Walmart mini cupcakes. Most peanut allergy moms we knew in elementary school were fine with them and they always ate them. i let the teacher know where they were coming from so she could let the parent know. I have also reached out directly to a parent of a child with allergies before and asked where they get them.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:08 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,339,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy5305 View Post

BJs and Publix both carry them, I purchased from both within the last week. Target has in the past but I am not positive if they still do. I just read the reply about Walmart and I have also found them there within the last couple of months.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:12 PM

595 posts, read 676,894 times
Lowes Food in Apex has them in the cooler next to the bakery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary