Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:00 AM

644 posts, read 842,218 times

Advertisements

Depends on what your endurance levels are. As such, the noise levels are considered to be low enough. There is a community off of exit-7 on 540 and the noise levels there due to airplanes are terrible. Leesville is not one of them. Great neighborhood though. Such a short drive to RTP and to DT Raleigh as well as DT Durham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 07:33 AM

17 posts, read 16,266 times
Sounds like a great option for our family! Thanks

Old 04-27-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
You will hear the airplanes, but in most cases they are not directly overhead (except for small personal planes). Depending on weather they will change routes and can start flying overhead more and the noise is quite a bit louder. Someone told me there were 21 offers on a home in Long Lake recently, so that should tell you about it's desirability.
Sounds like the place to be for us;-) Thanks!

Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
I have been here 2 years and love it..

A Neighborhood forum helps the community communicate and share recommendations and such..
It's a friendly, safe and quiet neighborhood..

I walk after dark sometimes and it's well lit with others out doing the same..

No negatives really..

I don't notice airplane noise at all...

It is very close to Umstead State Park which is a great get away .

Old 04-28-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I have been here 2 years and love it..

A Neighborhood forum helps the community communicate and share recommendations and such..
It's a friendly, safe and quiet neighborhood..

I walk after dark sometimes and it's well lit with others out doing the same..

No negatives really..

I don't notice airplane noise at all...

It is very close to Umstead State Park which is a great get away .
Thank you! This is really helpful information:-)

Old 04-28-2016, 07:45 AM

644 posts, read 842,218 times
Samira - you are also very close to Brier Creek and Crabtree. Lots of shopping. Not that many family owned restaurants within the 5-10 minute vicinity but increase that to 15-20 and there are lots of options. By the way, my earlier message was with regards to Long Lake not being in the noise zone, sorry and not Leesville.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiho View Post
Samira - you are also very close to Brier Creek and Crabtree. Lots of shopping. Not that many family owned restaurants within the 5-10 minute vicinity but increase that to 15-20 and there are lots of options. By the way, my earlier message was with regards to Long Lake not being in the noise zone, sorry and not Leesville.
I got it, thanks:-)
I really think this sounds like a great place for our family to be. With little kids, we just want a kids friendly and safe neighborhood...

Old 04-28-2016, 10:22 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samira123 View Post
I got it, thanks:-)
I really think this sounds like a great place for our family to be. With little kids, we just want a kids friendly and safe neighborhood...
Leesville is a popular school around here..
Not sure if the elementary school is Leesville but the Middle & High School is ...

Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Leesville is a popular school around here..
Not sure if the elementary school is Leesville but the Middle & High School is ...
I heard about that school! Our kids are still little, I will look into it! Thanks:-)

Old 08-28-2016, 12:22 PM

115 posts, read 277,067 times
Does anyone from Long Lake live along Amanda Lynn Lane or Clasara Circle? One of your neighbors has decided it's okay for their dog to use my privately owned yard to crap in. And, you guessed it, they don't pick it up. If anyone lives in this area, PLEASE send me a pm.

thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary