Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Char-Grill is crap....Five Guys is great (mostly for the fries).

I'm intrigued by this Shake Shack though. I'll be taking a roadtrip up to NYC for a bachelor party in just under 2 weeks and I think I'm going to mandate a stop at Shake Shack on the way up!

I'll be sure to report back.
Our tastes must be vastly different and I guess I'll never love Shake Shack then. I've never had fries at 5 Guys thatbwerentncooked wrong and too greasy and I much prefer Char Grill's larger fries to the skinny ones and also prefer Char Grill burgers as well. I do agree the original Char Grill is the best, but given that it is close to me, I will eat at the Cary one as well and it's still preferable to 5 Guys.

And whoever was asking about a Jaguar dealer, not sure if your question is dealing strictly in the Raleigh City limits, but there is a Jag dealer in Cary off 64. Mmmm, F-Type!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
EXACTLY!!!! Take a look at the Quai Aux Briques in Brussels Belgium. It's basically a manmade "canal" split in two with restaurants on both sides of it. An aerial view reveals that it's really nothing more than 2 rectangles filled with water with an ornate fountain on one end and a crumbling old church on the other end. It looks a lot larger than it really is and is great for pedestrian traffic. If I ever became a billionaire I would try to bring something like this to Raleigh only to be shot down.

STOP IT!!!!!! I am going to Belgium in 10 days.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:39 AM

7 posts, read 6,174 times
Ok, a water park at least. If Greensboro and Wilmington can support one Raleigh sure as hell can.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,166,601 times
Quote:

I'll never understand how someone can prefer a burger deep fried in grease over one cooked over an open flame.

Five Guys is quite simply the most over rated food joint I have ever visited. Tried it 3 times! And each time it was awful, greasy, undercooked with soggy, greasy fries, and way overpriced! How ANYONE likes that place is beyond me.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:51 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Quote:

I'm intrigued by this Shake Shack though. I'll be taking a roadtrip up to NYC for a bachelor party in just under 2 weeks and I think I'm going to mandate a stop at Shake Shack on the way up!

I'll be sure to report back.
Char Grill is a nice "value burger" that has a flame broiled taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Five Guys is greasy. I like Char-Grill on Hillsborough.
Five guys is so overrated from what I hear. I'll try it for myself one day. But Char-Grill on Hillsborough is a city staple. My first Raleigh restaurant. My experience at Char-Grill has never been bad. It'll always hold a nostalgic place.

Now Snoopy's on the other hand... even though it's a Raleigh staple, it's just too crappy for me to place stock in.

Sandy's Hot Dogs in Columbia is my ideal of a city specific, staple hot dog chain.

But I'd like to see a light rail and Raleigh's urban core continue to expand in a way that doesn't push out a certain class of people, and includes safeguards to help ensure that everybody is honoring the space.

I'd also like to see another large flea market pop up to rival the fair grounds flea market. I miss the Capital Flea market and to a lesser extent the flea market off Rock Quarry.

Also, another high rise downtown, and additional high rises in North Hills (although I think the area is getting landlocked) as well as the area sorta near Carter Finley. There's already a decent one over there. Just tall enough. Not overbearing, but indicative of thriving.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:10 AM

6,654 posts, read 5,589,525 times
Corbett's Burgers and Soda Bar in Cary has a great burger if anyone's looking for a cheap eat burger place

Old 05-03-2016, 11:13 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Corbett's Burgers and Soda Bar in Cary has a great burger if anyone's looking for a cheap eat burger place
Gonna try it... thanks for sharing. funny how this has devolved into a burger debate... Seems to often spiral downward in to a food debate. lol!

Old 05-03-2016, 11:22 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Yeah I've gone there a few times after work. But MoJoe's and Al's are in another league.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:22 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,727,168 times
Dairi-o, Whataburger and Pappasitos. I have to drive to Atlanta to the closest Pappasitos but it's well worth it!

As far as transportation I'd love to see the CSX S line put back into service so I could possibily see more freights through Raleigh. Never happen in my lifetime though...

Old 05-03-2016, 11:28 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,038 times
Quote:
A 7-eleven
THIS.

Also:
- A freeway route between 440 and N. Raleigh
- Rail alternative to driving
- A major-league team that's not hockey
- A big musical instrument store in N. Raleigh that's not on or near Capital
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary