Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 AM

577 posts, read 1,901,340 times

Advertisements

RTI International to Add 600 Jobs at Raleigh Call Center :: WRAL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 03:03 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
As long as we have companies moving here and continuing to hire people, we'll have people moving here. As long as we have people moving here, people will buy homes. No matter what the media says, its not all gloom and doom all over the country. Here in Raleigh, NC, we are getting along just fine!

Vicki

Old 02-14-2008, 05:37 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
As long as we have companies moving here and continuing to hire people, we'll have people moving here. As long as we have people moving here, people will buy homes. No matter what the media says, its not all gloom and doom all over the country. Here in Raleigh, NC, we are getting along just fine!

Vicki
I'm not sure how many people are moving here to make 10 bucks an hour at a temp job.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,555,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I'm not sure how many people are moving here to make 10 bucks an hour at a temp job.
Have to agree with you there. While those jobs are needed, I'm not sure it's something the Triangle should get excited about. We're not some small rural town that gets all excited when the new call center shows up. Like I said, those jobs are needed and welcome, but I don't see too many people making $10-$12 an hour buying any kind of home. This is good for the Triangle economy none the less.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times
Default Job Fair

For those interested...

Job Fair Set for 900 Call Center Jobs at RTI :: WRAL.com

Old 02-18-2008, 08:51 AM

161 posts, read 464,524 times
Default Nc

Hi I agree no one can buy a home on $10 per hr. I have been here 6 mths and I am ready to move to NY. I have one friend who is here lives in Wake Forest and she does not like it at all. She is moving back soon. They treat her terribly on interviews and are prejudice toward Northerners. They blame us for crowding there schools and students are learning out of trailers. It has not been a good experience. Not a smart choice on my part. I am starting to look into returning to NY. the people who do well are those that come with a job and bjy a home and sometimes they leave too.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times
$10 an hour is more than minimum wage. A call center can be stressful, but it's not as physically draining as other jobs in the same pay grade.

Positions such as these can be a viable option for many. Everyone's situations, experience, and education level is different. I don't think we should dismiss a position just because it isn't paying $50K a year; to do so is to dismiss a part of the Triangle's population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary