Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM

32 posts, read 96,292 times

Advertisements

My daughter has been absolutely miserable at the YMCA after school program. Are there any after school care providers in the Apex area that provide transportation? I need to get her out of that program ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM

450 posts, read 1,350,756 times
I think your choices are going to depend on her specific school. I don't know of any alternatives in Apex, but you may get more useful responses if you let us know which school she needs to be picked up from.

And actually, your best bet is probably to call the school office and ask them what programs pick up kids there already. I know at my child's school there are several different ones.

Last edited by FVmommy; 05-06-2010 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: added information

Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,638 times
Have you tried addressing the YMCA about this? I've found that they have been responsive to the members' needs.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:32 PM

We are at Salem elementary. There have been previous attempts to address the situation, which has only grow worse over time. It's gotten to the point where my daughter is begging me not to send her back. I have unfortunately heard similar stories to ours from other parents.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:34 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,343,789 times
Do you mind mentioning which Y you are referring to? Thanks.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 PM

As I have just been informed that they are unwilling to work with us to resolve the situation, I do not mind mentioning it at all. It's the after school program at Turner Creek. We are leaving because of the incessant bullying that is tolerated there. Many of the same kids also go to the Cary Y trackout camp, so we are pulling out of that as well.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:18 AM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,343,789 times
Thank goodness you are pulling her out. The sooner the better.

I'm sorry to hear this though. My son is preschool age and the things he has done at the Cary Y have been really wonderful. But it's such a different age group and totally different program.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM

220 posts, read 866,281 times
Elfmeister- this is really concerning. I can't believe they are completely unwilling to address your concerns!! That's the problem I feel with many areas of society today- everyone wants to avoid conflict and just sweep problems under the rug. Obviously they fester and only worsen with time...

I'm sorry I don't have any other advice to give you or places to recommend. I want to keep my eye on this thread b/c we're in Apex and our daughter goes to kindergarten in 2011. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope someone here can help and recommend other alternatives!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 AM

767 posts, read 1,848,089 times
I witnessed bullying while on a school visit and found out it was a Y after school camp. A big kid slugging a little kid while no one was looking. We have used Right On Track in Apex on 1010 road and really have been happy...the provide transportation also.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM

49 posts, read 146,806 times
You are doing the right thing. We did one track-out camp at the Kerr YMCA and our kindergartener was bullied and hit by older kids on multiple occassions. This happened on site at the Kerr Y and at the afterschool program at Jones Dairy. We're done with the Y as it seemed the staff preferred to downplay incidents to avoid having to deal with them. We are going to try Kidsrkids in Heritage next as the tour seemed very impressive. I think there is one in Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary