Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 07:24 AM

27 posts, read 57,055 times

Advertisements

Grand Risings World!

Me and my friend are vegetarians and we cook alot and drink a lot of juice and water so we accumulate a LOT of cans and bottles every week. Our apartment complex doesn't have a separate dumpster for cans and bottles but I've always recycled before moving here so its a habit. I know there places where we can take our recyclables for money but i'm not sure wheres the best place, or where it would be. I used to go to one when I lived in Charlotte but now i'm in Durham.

ANYWAY, MY QUESTION IS,

WHERE in Durham, or even Raleigh or Cary, could I possibly take my recyclables in to exchange for money?
I know it won't be much as I said I used to do it in Charlotte, but me n my friend are gonna use the change to make a house jar for emergencies.
Anyway........ looking forward to hearing from y'all

THANK YOU!!

NEE NEE NEE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 10:53 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,495 times
I doubt anyone would pay you for such a small quantity.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:02 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisexy View Post
Grand Risings World!

Me and my friend are vegetarians and we cook alot and drink a lot of juice and water so we accumulate a LOT of cans and bottles every week. Our apartment complex doesn't have a separate dumpster for cans and bottles but I've always recycled before moving here so its a habit. I know there places where we can take our recyclables for money but i'm not sure wheres the best place, or where it would be. I used to go to one when I lived in Charlotte but now i'm in Durham.

ANYWAY, MY QUESTION IS,

WHERE in Durham, or even Raleigh or Cary, could I possibly take my recyclables in to exchange for money?
I know it won't be much as I said I used to do it in Charlotte, but me n my friend are gonna use the change to make a house jar for emergencies.
Anyway........ looking forward to hearing from y'all

THANK YOU!!

NEE NEE NEE
I'm not sure about bottles. You can take cans and other metals to TT&E in Garner. About 10 mins south of DT Raleigh. Not sure of prices/rates. I'm sure it isn't much,but sonething is better than nothing.

Scrap Metal Recycling Facility Garner NC - Raleigh NC | 919-772-9190 | Fair Prices & Fast Service

Old 05-22-2016, 11:13 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
This isn't Michigan, you wont get anything for your bottles or cans. Scrap would be worth next to nothing. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer and Newman filled up a mail truck and tried to drive it to Michigan to cash in lol.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:32 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,587,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
... You can take cans and other metals to TT&E in Garner. About 10 mins south of DT Raleigh. Not sure of prices/rates. I'm sure it isn't much, but something is better than nothing.
The cost of travel from Durham to south Raleigh to recycle a few pounds of empty cans will result in a financial loss.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:10 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
I used to see Boy Scouts or school bands collecting aluminum cans. I think aluminum is about the only thing worth any money.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:29 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
With oil prices low, virgin plastic is comparing favorably to recycled plastic on a cost basis, so the prices recyclers are paying for plastic are plummeting. Saw recently that Cary is actually now having to pay tip fees to its recyclers, as it's costing more to process than the stuff is worth.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:22 AM

130 posts, read 148,228 times
you can search google where in to find the best recycling company in Durham.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:35 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,449,141 times
As of this date, glass is worth about Five dollars a TON, so most recyclers are unwilling to take it. It is more trouble than it is worth, litteraly.

On the other hand, aluminium IS worth money, at about $1500 a TON. Soda cans are bringing 55 cents a pound. So, even 50 pounds of cans is worth around $25.

Jim B.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:07 AM

61 posts, read 67,862 times
Sorry no $ for your cans.
We have a section of highway for Adopt A Highway and I am sure that if there cash for bottles and cans we would see a lot less roadside litter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary