Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 PM

105 posts, read 155,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
Have you tried the Home Comfort Clearance Outlet? It's not the 'regular' one, but just north of Crabtree on Glenwood. They've got great prices and offer same-day delivery (or at least they did a few years ago when I last bought from them). I think it's mainly just stuff that didn't sell quickly at the main store and/or some returns. Didn't see a lot of damaged items, but they had a few marked down considerably with explanations on the tags.

I bought a master bedroom suite and at a different time a china hutch from them and was very please with all the items and the service.
Yes! I went there last week but sadly they doesn't have any children furniture at that time. . But I'll try to visit again maybe have best luck. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 08:46 PM

105 posts, read 155,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove2bake View Post
Check out Heavner Furniture on Glenwood and there is a new furniture store in the old Sears in Cary Towne Center. Both had some very reasonably priced children's furniture.
Oh! Thx for the info.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:28 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,250 times
OP, I implore you to not buy a new bedroom set for a child. They will outgrow it or want a different style in a number of years and the depreciation on this kind of furniture is tremendous.

I have 2 suggestions - each of which has worked for my children.

#1 - befriend a family who has a child of the same sex several years older than yours who also has a bedroom set. When that child outgrows their set, offer to buy it from them. In our case, we were the first respondents on the neighborhood listserv when someone was looking to get rid of their daughter's bedroom set.

#2 - craigslist. This furniture is not upholstered so no real risk of bringing bugs/smoke smell into your house from the other one.

Also, I absolutely hate elaborate beds. Have had a few wooden bedframes and they only succeed in putting a giant bruise on my thigh when i turn the corner too quick or act as a magnate for my children's noggins when they are playing in their bedrooms. Every bed in our house now only has an inexpensive metal frame. At some point in the future I may build upholstered headboards for them, but havent been in a rush.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:05 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,258 times
May be too late but my wife has our daughter's bedroom set for sale. Full sized bed frame, dresser/mirror, and nightstand. Bought at Rooms to Go about 6 years ago but my daughter is now interested in a loft setup. $300. You can IM me if still interested.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 AM

600 posts, read 1,220,850 times
I have had great luck at Student Market (http://www.studentmarket.com/). I have had one set since 2012 and one from 2013. I was fairly skeptical it was going to hold up because it looks nice but is really particle board like however both sets are still in great condition. My kids aren't particularly hard on furniture but they are 7 and 11 year old boys. I have been please.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:26 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,848 times
We got a convertible crib at Walmart when our kid was born and the back wall from it now works as a headboard with a full size mattress. We also got a 5 drawer chest a while ago somewhere cheap and are still using it. Old changing table works as an additional shelf with some fabric storage baskets from Aldi. There is very little space for a nightstand and we just stacked 2 diaper boxes and covered them with cloth. That was supposed to be a temporary solution that has been there for 2 years. I agree - kids don't really need matching sets.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 AM

7 posts, read 6,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
Have you tried the Home Comfort Clearance Outlet? It's not the 'regular' one, but just north of Crabtree on Glenwood. They've got great prices and offer same-day delivery (or at least they did a few years ago when I last bought from them). I think it's mainly just stuff that didn't sell quickly at the main store and/or some returns. Didn't see a lot of damaged items, but they had a few marked down considerably with explanations on the tags.

I bought a master bedroom suite and at a different time a china hutch from them and was very please with all the items and the service.
Agreed!!! Or Heavners on glenwood. Both great deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary