Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 11:44 AM

105 posts, read 156,020 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I need your guidance on where to look for a reasonable/inexpensive youth bedroom set. Have been looking in some stores like Rooms to go and Home Confort but doesn't find something I like in a budget friendly. Because what I had seen its always above 1300 for a 3 pc full bed with dresser and one Nightstand. Thank you so much for your inputs. Of course I'm looking for good quality and durability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 11:47 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Give this place a shot. It's hit or miss, but if you can find something you need, it's cheap. It's all previously rented, but you can find stuff in good shape.

https://www.facebook.com/AFRCCDurham/?fref=ts

Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
I would consider Ikea for kids' stuff. I am the first to acknowledge that it is not the best quality, but if Rooms to Go is above budget there are not many alternatives.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:04 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times
Ikea. You can look online and if you see something you like (that fits your budget) you can see if they have it in stock before driving to pick it up.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:27 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,788,843 times
Craigslist or a Facebook Yardsale page for your town, if you're willing to go used, you can find good quality furniture on there for cheap. We bought a whole bedroom set on Craigslist made in Canada of real wood for my daughter for about $300. The set is probably from the 1990s, and is still in great shape. You need to check the listings daily and pounce when something good comes up.

If you don't want to go used, you can find cheap furniture at Ashley Furniture or even cheaper at Big Lots.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:22 PM

105 posts, read 156,020 times
Thank you all. I saw online that Capital discount furniture has good prices. Has anyone bought there?

Old 06-07-2016, 05:54 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,662 times
Craigslist is my furniture go to. Also if your neighborhood is on Nextdoor, I have heard that is a good source too.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:14 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I would consider Ikea for kids' stuff. I am the first to acknowledge that it is not the best quality, but if Rooms to Go is above budget there are not many alternatives.
LOL...I bought a $100 IKEA bed for my daughter 17 years ago. I thought it was a temporary toddler bed. Last fall my younger daughter was still sleeping in it.

When she got a new 'big girl' bed (also from Ikea, purchased used from Craigslist) I tried to cut the IKEA bed up and refashion it into a storage bench for my back porch. It was impervious to being cut or drilled and I gave up. The wood on that frame was seriously solid.

Kids don't need matching furniture...I like Shelton's Furniture on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. Add in some paint and you've got yourself money leftover for a nice new rug.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:01 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,515 times
Have you tried the Home Comfort Clearance Outlet? It's not the 'regular' one, but just north of Crabtree on Glenwood. They've got great prices and offer same-day delivery (or at least they did a few years ago when I last bought from them). I think it's mainly just stuff that didn't sell quickly at the main store and/or some returns. Didn't see a lot of damaged items, but they had a few marked down considerably with explanations on the tags.

I bought a master bedroom suite and at a different time a china hutch from them and was very please with all the items and the service.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM

53 posts, read 117,870 times
Check out Heavner Furniture on Glenwood and there is a new furniture store in the old Sears in Cary Towne Center. Both had some very reasonably priced children's furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary