Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 03:33 PM

41 posts, read 37,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Is your house on Triangle MLS?
If so, is the MLS status "Contingent" or "Pending?"

Same difference. Same effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 03:35 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movininnc View Post
No, outside of triangle.
Thanks. That became more apparent the more details you gave.
This is a 17 county MLS, and I have not heard anything like you are saying about a 30 day period. Local customs may supplant the openness of the standard forms, but nothing was ever established on a statewide level in terms of the DD Period length.
The beauty of the Standard Form is that the parties are supposed to form agreements that work for them. It was designed specifically to minimize or eliminate bickering over standard wording in the contract.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Yep, gotcha

I've been watching how some realtors work, lately. My perspective is that buyer agents put in A LOT of hours working with their buyers and, in the end, they really don't make that much money off the sale (especially in the under $250k range). So from my point of view, they would be incentivized to limit the showings that will be a waste of time and get them even further away from a closing contract.

That may not be the reality, and SOME agents are bound to go above and beyond, but I'm sure the average case is that realtors are busy and not able to spend a lot of time viewing and submitting offers on places that are only 10% chance of actually closing.

Then like you said, the lack of experience on backup offers makes it even worse.

So yeah, my thoughts are that you can continue to allow showings all you want. But the reality is that once you have a contract, you're unlikely to get a significant number of showings.

Amen!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
If you give an Agent a written back up offer, they MUST present it to their sellers.

If I encountered an Agent that would not present the back up offer to her sellers, I would immediately contact her broker in charge.

I'm just saying...don't stereotype. Making others look bad in hopes of making yourself look better always backfires!

Yes!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks. That became more apparent the more details you gave.
This is a 17 county MLS, and I have not heard anything like you are saying about a 30 day period. Local customs may supplant the openness of the standard forms, but nothing was ever established on a statewide level in terms of the DD Period length.
The beauty of the Standard Form is that the parties are supposed to form agreements that work for them. It was designed specifically to minimize or eliminate bickering over standard wording in the contract.

Okay, so I am selling in the Charlotte MLS & buying in the Raleigh MLS. IYO, is there substantial difference between the two?

Old 06-14-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Okay, so I am selling in the Charlotte MLS & buying in the Raleigh MLS. IYO, is there substantial difference between the two?
I only have experience in the Raleigh region, so I cannot reflect on Charlotte beyond what you have related.
But, some of what you relate is starkly different from my experience and training locally.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Same difference. Same effect.
No. "Failure is not a plan."

Old 06-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
No. "Failure is not a plan."

No, not essentially the same? As others have stated, whatever the wording, when a listing is presumed to be under contract, contingent, or pending, it is seldom shown or even desirable to buyers.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I only have experience in the Raleigh region, so I cannot reflect on Charlotte beyond what you have related.
But, some of what you relate is starkly different from my experience and training locally.

Okay. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
No, not essentially the same? As others have stated, whatever the wording, when a listing is presumed to be under contract, contingent, or pending, it is seldom shown or even desirable to buyers.
It is kind of a chicken--egg thing.
Sellers and their agents handle backup offers and contracts poorly, so the prophecy of "No Showings" self-fulfills as buyers' agents don't show and write like they should, because sellers and their agents don't respond well so buyers' agents figure why bother, and sellers and agents then moan about No Showings.

I think you might find that a sea change in seller behavior may well precipitate a change in buyer behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary