Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:02 AM

79 posts, read 115,371 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone tell me based on your experiences who is the best recommended attorney / lawyer to get rid of the speeding ticket. (Ticket issue in Cary, and court appearance in Raleigh).

I know there will be mailers that may be coming in next few days from various lawyers, and searching online for lawyers does not give any insight of who are the best.

Thanks and appreciated for your help.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:58 AM

183 posts, read 198,077 times
Collect all the mailers, choose the least expensive firm that will appear in court and handle everything for you without a required court appearance.

They're all the same aside from how much they cost. Good luck

Old 06-17-2016, 09:11 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,753 times
Why not just take the lumps for speeding 19mph over the limit? It isn't like you were going 5 over...

Old 06-17-2016, 09:16 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Why not just take the lumps for speeding 19mph over the limit? It isn't like you were going 5 over...
That's quite a lump. Anything over 15 MPH over the limit is considered a criminal offense.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:18 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
That's quite a lump. Anything over 15 MPH over the limit is considered a criminal offense.
As the saying goes, "if you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime."

Old 06-17-2016, 09:47 AM

150 posts, read 227,534 times
That is terrible advice. A conviction at 19 over is a serious offense and have an effect for several years including possible license revocation. You pretty much have to lawyer up.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:51 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Plus, 56 in a 35 is not 19 over.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Plus, 56 in a 35 is not 19 over.
Maybe it's "new math?"

yeah... that's 21 over. They'll take your license for that if you're not careful.

OP?

First... stop doing that crap. It's dangerous to others.

Second... don't be bargain hunting. Find the best lawyer you can possibly afford.

Third... yeah, don't do that anymore.

The other night, I was driving 50 down Cary Parkway (speed limit 45), approaching Evans road. I intended to go straight and the other lane switches to a turn lane when you're headed north. So, I stayed in my lane. There was a guy who flew up behind me, rode my bumper all the way from about a few hundred feet before the Silverlake neighborhood to just before Evans, and switched lanes to pass me on the left (which is allowed on Cary Parkway, as it's not a highway).

I didn't move over mostly because I wasn't sure if the person was drunk and moving might've meant I'd get hit when they swerved.

That guy went so fast after he passed me that he wove around another car and another as he flew through the intersection at Evans to continue down the single lane area of Cary Parkway that leads to Harrison.

If I had to guess, I'd have guessed he was going about 65-70mph on that road, which has sidewalks, often has pedestrians and their pets/kids on those sidewalks, even at night, and numerous neighborhood and apartment complex exits and entrances between Evans and Harrison.

Don't be that guy. That guy was an idiot. And, "Parkway" around here doesn't mean highway.

It's just a road with 2 lanes each way and a divided median that's full of turn lanes, businesses, and neighborhood entrances.

I have seen someone do similar about 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I have also seen cops pull 2 people in the past 24 hours.

I'm glad they're cracking down.

Someone is going to get killed driving like that.

Be it the driver, a passenger, another driver/pedestrian, or more than one person.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:17 AM

79 posts, read 115,371 times
I have been driving carefully, and was fully aware that the maynard street is an favorite route for cops, it's just that on this day, I do not know what happened, and I was not focused on road and thinking something else in back of my mind.
I had no ticket of whatsoever for last 9-10 years and clean history. (have been heavily driving upto tri-states atleast once in a month as well and have been careful all along and watching my speed limits)

Find the best lawyer you can possibly afford
The question here is who are these best lawyers ?????

Old 06-17-2016, 10:26 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe it's "new math?"

yeah... that's 21 over. They'll take your license for that if you're not careful.

OP?

First... stop doing that crap. It's dangerous to others.

Second... don't be bargain hunting. Find the best lawyer you can possibly afford.

Third... yeah, don't do that anymore.

The other night, I was driving 50 down Cary Parkway (speed limit 45), approaching Evans road. I intended to go straight and the other lane switches to a turn lane when you're headed north. So, I stayed in my lane. There was a guy who flew up behind me, rode my bumper all the way from about a few hundred feet before the Silverlake neighborhood to just before Evans, and switched lanes to pass me on the left (which is allowed on Cary Parkway, as it's not a highway).

I didn't move over mostly because I wasn't sure if the person was drunk and moving might've meant I'd get hit when they swerved.

That guy went so fast after he passed me that he wove around another car and another as he flew through the intersection at Evans to continue down the single lane area of Cary Parkway that leads to Harrison.

If I had to guess, I'd have guessed he was going about 65-70mph on that road, which has sidewalks, often has pedestrians and their pets/kids on those sidewalks, even at night, and numerous neighborhood and apartment complex exits and entrances between Evans and Harrison.

Don't be that guy. That guy was an idiot. And, "Parkway" around here doesn't mean highway.

It's just a road with 2 lanes each way and a divided median that's full of turn lanes, businesses, and neighborhood entrances.

I have seen someone do similar about 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I have also seen cops pull 2 people in the past 24 hours.

I'm glad they're cracking down.

Someone is going to get killed driving like that.

Be it the driver, a passenger, another driver/pedestrian, or more than one person.
If he had gotten caught and ticketed he would probably be on here wanting to know how he could get out of it what a shame the so called justice system here just uses serious traffic offences as a cash hog for all involved (judges/lawyers/etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary