Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 02:46 PM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a place to buy sheets of fresh pasta? Not cut pasta, but just fresh sheets that I can cut myself. Cary area is my first choice. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
What is sheets of fresh pasta? I am not familiar with that term, I know of many types of fresh pasta's but never heard of a sheet of pasta? Is is rolled up like a fruit roll up sheet? Is it folded like a sheet of paper or a bed sheet? How big is the roll? When we make pasta on the pasta machine the sheet we normally make are about 4" wide by as long as we want to roll them, typically they are about 3 to 4 feet in length. They dry quickly depending on their thickness and become brittle and break if we wait to long to make them into pasta noodles. So I am intrigued actually maybe one can say plastered even to this subject of sheet pasta.

You may want to try Conti's market in Raleigh. They have all kinds of fresh Pasta's.
conti's loc: Raleigh, NC - Google Maps

Old 02-18-2008, 04:18 AM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times
The sheets I have seen are maybe 10cm x 10cm and are often labelled for use in lasagne. I have seen egg roll and wonton wrappers packaged in a similar way at many local grocery stores, but I have yet to find egg pasta. Also could sometimes get them from local italian restaurants or delis.

Thanks.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:02 PM

932 posts, read 1,272,777 times
there is conti's italian market on Peace street ( I think) in raleigh. not sure if they sell fresh pasta, but that would be the first place I looked, if I were looking for some!

they also may know where you could find some if they do not sell it.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:40 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
Chicky, I've never seen that product before either--why not make your own? You can pick up a pasta maker for $30-$50 and roll them yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary