Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:46 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti04 View Post
2 story 2 car garage home 3000+ sq feet. 450k+ price range. Its been on for just over a month
Initial it received 2 offers in its first 5 days. We accepted 1 of the 2 and it went contingent for 2 days. The buyers backed out and we had to placed it back on the market at that point the 2nd buyer had found another home. Since then its been a bit slow showing. All the feedback provided for showings have been positive.

Without straight out providing the listing its 8-9 years old. In very good condition in good neighborhood
Priced at roughly $145-146 per square foot. We lowered the price once already as both us and our agent agreed it was listed a bit high.
Considering lowering again but our price per square foot seems to be about average with other homes in the area.
What do you guys think?

PS: Appreciate the help!
What is the actual price compared to the homes sold recently in your area with similar number of beds/baths, square footage and features?

That's probably a bigger factor than cost per square foot. I have never bought a house by the square foot.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:26 PM

55 posts, read 88,099 times
I started looking for a house since late March, and I mainly used Redfin. Redfin has a "like" function and it will send you update of a house if there is any update, such as status changing to contingent, pending, etc.

I do have a feeling that for those houses I "liked" in similar communities and in similar price range (and mainly in 27519), I received less update from Redfin since mid-June. My realtor feels it is normal as he believes that April to June is the hottest time.

Anyway, I am just done with my house hunting, woohoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 07:27 PM

212 posts, read 1,016,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
If I'm looking at the right listing, I'm guessing sloped yard and proximity to a busy road may be turning some buyers off. If I'm not looking at the right listing, then I have no idea lol
I don't think your looking at my house. I am not near a busy street

Old 07-05-2016, 07:30 PM

212 posts, read 1,016,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What is the actual price compared to the homes sold recently in your area with similar number of beds/baths, square footage and features?

That's probably a bigger factor than cost per square foot. I have never bought a house by the square foot.
Yes another house in my neighborhood went for $459 back in May. The house was same floor plan only difference was that it had 3 full baths vs my 2.5. But then again it may be a hotter time as someone had mentioned.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:39 PM

812 posts, read 831,940 times
Funny, I've been thinking the same thing.

I have noticed a slowdown as well in 27513 (Cary). We live in Northwoods with lots of single family houses (3-4br 1800-2300 sqft) in the supposed hard to find 220-280 price range. Several months ago houses were lasting 2 -4 weeks on market and now they seem to take over a month -several approaching 2months. Even in super hot Holly Springs, where they really seem to sell like hot cakes cuz they are relatively newer, larger and "cheaper" (darn the commute I guess) I've noticed on Zillow houses seem to be taking longer to sell; more 30 days and 45 days on market instead of nothing but 7 days and 15 days. Of course, this is just my observation as I have no real proof. Really a slow down is probably more normal/healthy.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:44 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post

I have noticed a slowdown as well in 27513 (Cary). We live in Northwoods with lots of single family houses (3-4br 1800-2300 sqft) in the supposed hard to find 220-280 price range. Several months ago houses were lasting 2 -4 weeks on market and now they seem to take over a month -several approaching 2months. Even in super hot Holly Springs, where they really seem to sell like hot cakes cuz they are relatively newer, larger and "cheaper" (darn the commute I guess) I've noticed on Zillow houses seem to be taking longer to sell; more 30 days and 45 days on market instead of nothing but 7 days and 15 days. Of course, this is just my observation as I have no real proof. Really a slow down is probably more normal/healthy.

Actually, nice homes in Northwoods seems to be moving pretty quickly.
The foreclosure on McWaine will tilt the DOM figures, along with the place on N Harrison, as will any houses where your headlights hit the roof right before you free fall down the driveway.

But, the other stuff Closed over the last 3 months and Contingent/Pending on MLS shows DOM at 7,1,1, and 3.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti04 View Post
Yes another house in my neighborhood went for $459 back in May. The house was same floor plan only difference was that it had 3 full baths vs my 2.5. But then again it may be a hotter time as someone had mentioned.
Sounds like, all other factors being equal.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:50 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post

Zillow/Trulia doesn't have a feed from the MLS so using it to gauge sales wont be accurate.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 AM

514 posts, read 602,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Zillow/Trulia doesn't have a feed from the MLS so using it to gauge sales wont be accurate.
Triangle MLS does syndicate to Zillow Group.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:21 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwmcknight View Post
Triangle MLS does syndicate to Zillow Group.

gotta undo the work of the disinformation agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary