Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:19 AM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Let's hope out of business so something worthwhile can move in there.

I'm hoping the same for Earth Fare. The last time I was there, the produce dept was at least 75% empty. That space is the perfectime size for a Trader Joes or, better yet, Sprouts!
Yes, a Trader Joe's would be nice. Can you get started on that, please? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Yes, a Trader Joe's would be nice. Can you get started on that, please? LOL.
Actually, I'd prefer a Sprouts!

Old 07-11-2017, 11:33 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Actually, I'd prefer a Sprouts!
Sprouts is what you get when you breed Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, I'm convinced of it.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:03 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Sprouts is what you get when you breed Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, I'm convinced of it.
Love it.

My favorite thing about Sprouts is that they carry non-organic produce at amazingly low prices. And often have unusual produce items (the yellow pluots I bought last week were specctacular) . The fish department is my second favorite thing (last week - ahi tuna and $5.99/lb and fresh wild sockeye salmon at $12.99/lb. Both were wonderful.)

The prices keep me away from Whole Foods - and I honestly don't care if something is organic, grass fed, free range, or massaged by 27 virgins. I do care about taste and price.

I used to shop at Sprouts in their very first store in Chandler, AZ. I'm delighted to have them back, but would be ecstatic to save myself the 12 mile drive.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:11 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times
I don't care for the Lowe' Foods at Brier Creek, either.

If HT is successful at Brier Creek, anf Publix finds a spot there then Lowes foods could be toast.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:25 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I don't care for the Lowe' Foods at Brier Creek, either.

If HT is successful at Brier Creek, anf Publix finds a spot there then Lowes foods could be toast.
I like shopping at Lowes, but I'd like them to lower their prices. What I like is that I don't have to cross Glenwood to get to it. I hate the layout of the Walmart area as far as traffic. I hope Harris Teeter has entrance/exit on both TW Alexander and Glenwood, so it's easy to get in and out. Not sure what happens when they rebuild the road in that area.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:35 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Much needed. That Lowe's grocery at Brier Creek has been able to offer a poor experience for egregiously high prices due to a complete lack of competition. Lowe's will have to improve or go out of business.
Lowe's Foods #224, 8100 Brier Creek Parkway, Raleigh, North Carolina 27617-7599, underwent an update. Despite some improvements in original concepts, Lowe's Foods #224 does not have what Harris Teeter #304 will have.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I do not care for the Lowe's Foods at Brier Creek, either.

If Harris Teeter is successful at Brier Creek, and Publix finds a spot there, then Lowe's foods could be toast.
I have not heard anything new in regards to Publix seeking locations in Wake County for additional stores. Publix in the Brier Creek trade area is doable.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:39 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I like shopping at Lowes, but I'd like them to lower their prices. What I like is that I don't have to cross Glenwood to get to it. I hate the layout of the Walmart area as far as traffic. I hope Harris Teeter has entrance/exit on both TW Alexander and Glenwood, so it's easy to get in and out. Not sure what happens when they rebuild the road in that area.
I believe the shopping center has a road around the back that is accessible by both. The intersection with TW Alexander has a traffic signal , the intersection with Glenwood does not. There's also a smaller entrance from TW Alexander that goes directly to the front parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I have not heard anything new in regards to Publix seeking locations in Wake County for additional stores. Publix in the Brier Creek trade area is doable.
I believe that they'll find a site within the next couple of years.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:45 PM

Brier Creek is one of several trade areas Publix has not entered yet. (Clayton, Fuquay-Varina, and Holly Springs are notable mentions.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary