Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 06:46 PM

21,008 posts, read 27,105,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
As someone who shops Publix in Florida often, I really don't see the appeal of an ordinary grocery store that closes early.
If I really need groceries between 2200 hours and 0700 hours in Florida, I can go to a Walmart Supercenter or a Walmart Neighborhood Market. All other times, Publix opens early enough and closes late enough for most customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Agree..
I shopped at one in Ga and immediately wished we had one in Raleigh..
Publix is gradually expanding into Raleigh. It will be nice to see more Publix stores in the area.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
I would love a Publix in NR. Don't get the hype over Trader Joes. There are a few good items there, but I find all that frozen and prepared stuff to be just yuck. I like the produce ok, but that's about it. How can a family do weekly shopping there? The meats are all packed off site, I don't trust that.
I would take The Fresh Market over Trader Joe's any day. Trader Joe's is good for premium nonperishable grocery items.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:06 PM

6,650 posts, read 5,560,739 times
Having lived with a Publix while at school in Clemson, I personally don't have a strong opinion for or against it, it's a nicely run and clean/high quality grocery store but it wouldn't be necessarily be something I would have to have locally. I love Trader Joe's but like people have mentioned it isn't the best for anything that isn't frozen or pre-packaged.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:01 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,187,743 times
I'm not new to Publix, having shopped there for years while my parents lived in Florida.

Went to the new Publix in Wake Forest last night as I was really in the mood for one of their round pecan coffee cakes. YUM!

Had a sub while there. The Deli was a busy place. Had to wait in line. Delicious sub. Mostly because of their bread. That is the one thing I think Publix has that IS better than Harris Teeter...their bakery!

Employees were super nice; although, the lady preparing our sub had a hard time working the register.

Left there about 8:15 PM and there was still a line at the Deli!

Well worth the 20 min. drive from North Raleigh to WF for that pecan coffee cake!!!

Old 10-14-2016, 12:07 PM

4,297 posts, read 5,964,008 times
In case there was any doubt this will be a Publix, it's now official:

Publix signs lease for NW Raleigh store :: WRAL.com

Old 10-14-2016, 12:56 PM

544 posts, read 850,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
In case there was any doubt this will be a Publix, it's now official:

Publix signs lease for NW Raleigh store :: WRAL.com
Excellent, some competition for Harris Teeter and their excessively chatty and slow-as-molasses teenage cashiers.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:12 PM

6,650 posts, read 5,560,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitchell View Post
Excellent, some competition for Harris Teeter and their excessively chatty and slow-as-molasses teenage cashiers.
Self-checkout

Old 10-14-2016, 01:31 PM

9,140 posts, read 14,714,030 times
Quote:
Well, if you think the HT cashiers are chatty, let me tell you.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:59 PM

3,667 posts, read 6,559,750 times
Quote:
Ouch! I've been shopping at Harris Teeter for nearly a decade and have no idea what you're referring to. And if it's actually a thing for you, why not just use the self-checkout?

As for Publix coming to my neck of the woods, why, oh why couldn't it have been Trader Joe's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary