Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:07 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,694 times

Advertisements

If you do, does it have fish in it?

If so, would you consider letting me take my daughter fishing on it?

I don't want to go into too much detail, but she's 11 and is on the Autism spectrum.

I could get a pair of fishing licenses and try to find a good spot somewhere on Fall's lake, but she's a bit awkward, and afraid of ticks, and the last time we did that we caught nothing. Was fun, but I thought I'd try luck here.

Just PM me. Happy to pay you a reasonable fee. We're very respectful of other people's property. I'm thinking a weekend morning maybe once it cools down a bit.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 07:22 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,895 times
I had a pond on my property but it was drained by the previous owner because people who had very little concept of property boundaries kept coming back there to fish. Years later I still had some of these old timers asking me if they could fish back there even though it is overgrown now with woods.

These days most people just don't want the liability. I hope you find somewhere to fish, it would have been a cinch back then..

Old 07-21-2016, 07:29 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
You can fish in the pond of West Park subdivision in Cary. It's practically on highway 55. You won't catch anything big, but people do fish there and I guarantee no one will care. There is a nice path around the pond and a gazebo.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
These days most people just don't want the liability.
Which in our litigious society is unfortunately completely understandable. I can only give my word that we're not that type of people.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You can fish in the pond of West Park subdivision in Cary. It's practically on highway 55. You won't catch anything big, but people do fish there and I guarantee no one will care. There is a nice path around the pond and a gazebo.
Thanks, but I want to be completely on the up and up. If it's a public pond we'll get licenses, and if it is private we'll get permission.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:32 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Thanks, but I want to be completely on the up and up. If it's a public pond we'll get licenses, and if it is private we'll get permission.
Then I guess you'd have to ask their HOA, although the path around the pond is sort of part of a greenway. I guess you'd have to see this subdivision to see what I mean, but you have to do what you feel comfortable with. If you want to fish in someone's private pond, you're probably better off asking around with people you actually know. I believe you can fish in Bond Park in Cary with a license.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:24 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,584,478 times
Lassiter Mill in Raleigh has a creek where you'll catch a lot. You'd need a license but you will catch little fish all day long. My son catches something almost every time he casts into it below the dam.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
you're probably better off asking around with people you actually know.
Couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately I live in a suburban subdivision, as do most of the folks I work with. We're not from here and don't have a lot of friends.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:59 AM

632 posts, read 1,844,681 times
Yes, do ask permission before going to a subdivision's pond. Not all allow outsiders (like ours--we have no trespassing signs, "private pond", etc., and we still get them. One homeowner has called the sheriff on them).

Old 07-23-2016, 11:32 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
you can fish in the pond at Coronado village in Cary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary