Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:33 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
Only one bar?

How about... Bar Louie (it even has "bar" in its name) or Brier Creek Beer Garden or Trali (Irish Pub)?
LOL. You're correct.

Having been in the place several times and having our eardrums battered by the noise, I've tried to obliterate Bar Louie from my memory cells.

We haven't visited the Beer Garden yet, but will shortly.

And Trali - well, I like it when we can sit outside in nice weather and I should have remembered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 01:07 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,581,696 times
Love the Brier Creek area - nice with great amenities. Lots of restaurants and very family friendly. I do have friends who have lived there while single and in their 20s and didn't like it. But that was when it was still being built and their complaint was the lack of nightlife.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:07 PM

5,130 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Went into Bar Louie on a quiet weeknight when they first opened. Way overpriced for what it is really.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:20 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Went into Bar Louie on a quiet weeknight when they first opened. Way overpriced for what it is really.
Do you think it will survive where it is?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:45 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
I live around the Brier Creek area and love it.
1) Location, location, location
2) Practical shops, like almost every national retailer chain. Prefer over fancy or upscale boutique shops like those found in North Hills and Cameron Village, where they will break the bank and nothing practical to buy. Would love to have a HD or Lowes.
3) Lots of dining options. Would be nice to have more ethnic local restaurants but a new Thai and a new Vietnamese restaurant opened recently, and they taste great.
4) Would be nice to have an ethnic supermarket.
5) Plenty of room to continuously expand, as is evident with all the new housing and retail coming up around the Brier Creek area.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:06 PM

644 posts, read 841,575 times
I used to live in Brier Creek. Things I loved:
1. Having access to a 24h grocery store (Even though I am not really a Walmart fan) and a Discount Grocery store (BJ's).
2. Most chain restaurants that you can think of - Panera, Starbucks, McDonalds, Ruby Tuesday's, Noodles and company, Chilis, etc.
3. Right off of 540
4. 10 minutes to the airport
5. Bank of America in the neighborhood
6. Generally nice neighbors
7. Easy access to Umstead park

Things I did not like:
1. Airplane noise - my apartment was in the 55db noise zone. Too loud
2. Traffic's gotten significantly poorer
3. Almost no family owned restaurants and the ones that existed were crappy.
4. No fun bars although, I have to give Beer Garden a shot. For a location like Brier Creek, I cannot fathom why there are no craft beer places.
5. Transition crowd - very few people lived in Brier Creek for the long term. For most folks, it was a transition before they bought a home or moved to the other parts of the area. You could really build relationship with your neighbors and there is a lack of community.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:07 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,697 times
I dread every trip to my doctor in Duke Primary Care Brier Creek.

The traffic is worse than when we lived in Manhattan years ago. Awful trying to get our from Walmart and back on 70.

Now, if I worked in RTP, this would be a great choice to avoid I40. Otherwise, a terribly overcrowded area.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:29 AM

812 posts, read 830,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
I live in Cary now - near the Harrison Ave/I-40 exit. I was thinking about moving to the Brier Creek area. My work commute would be from Brier Creek to close to the Harrison Ave/I-40 exit.
Sounds like you live very near your work now; so, you are looking for a longer commute??? What is it that Cary lacks in that area that you feel compelled to try to find elsewhere (Brier Creek)? Harrison Ave/I40 Cary is very centrally located between RTP and Raleigh with loads of outdoor recreation nearby for self and/or fam (Umstead State Park -most elaborate trail system in all triangle, Crab Tree County Park, North Cary Park -which is connected to Cary's extensive greenway...which actually connects all the previous parks mentioned together...awesome).

Old 07-27-2016, 03:41 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
I dread every trip to my doctor in Duke Primary Care Brier Creek.

The traffic is worse than when we lived in Manhattan years ago. Awful trying to get our from Walmart and back on 70.

Now, if I worked in RTP, this would be a great choice to avoid I40. Otherwise, a terribly overcrowded area.
Oh please......the only time there is any type of "traffic" is commuter time in the am and pm Mon-Fri. It's not what I would consider real traffic and no way in the universe could you (in any way) compare it to Manhattan traffic. I'm from little tiny RI and traffic in Brier Cree is nothing in comparison.

I also go to Duke Primary Care in Brier Creek....never did I hit any traffic on my way to or from.

I enjoy living here.....totally central. so easy to get to downtown Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill. Plenty of shopping for daily needs (Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Michaels, Hallmark, Dick's etc).

Plenty of restaurants, including ethnic food, although primarily chains.....I agree it would be nice to have more independent eateries.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
I live around the Brier Creek area and love it.
1) Location, location, location
2) Practical shops, like almost every national retailer chain. Prefer over fancy or upscale boutique shops like those found in North Hills and Cameron Village, where they will break the bank and nothing practical to buy. Would love to have a HD or Lowes.
3) Lots of dining options. Would be nice to have more ethnic local restaurants but a new Thai and a new Vietnamese restaurant opened recently, and they taste great.
4) Would be nice to have an ethnic supermarket.
5) Plenty of room to continuously expand, as is evident with all the new housing and retail coming up around the Brier Creek area.
What new Thai restaurant? You're not referring to Champa, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary