Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 11:56 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,562,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
That's a bit unfair. The people I have unfollowed are the ones who continually post links to outrageous faux news stories that are pure conspiracy theories intended to support extreme point of views. I'm okay with people posting anti-Clinton or anti-Trump sentiments, but it has to be either presented as opinion or provide verifiable facts.
Right! I have friends/family of wildly different opinions who are extreme on both sides - but when their posts are continually bashing people with different beliefs, are racist, or they come on to MY page and insult me or my political views - bye, I don't need you on my Facebook. Really, life's too short and we should be mindful of what we put in front of our faces all the time.

I have well-reasoned conservative friends/family who don't do that and I value their opinions though I disagree.

Ironically I saw some of the far left and far right people post the same rude memes.

Oops, to stay on topic: no outage for me in Durham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 01:45 PM

564 posts, read 1,035,440 times
Was gone for several hours but now Facebook is back on again. Interesting posts here about suspicions related to political situation. Oddly, I was reading something a friend posted yesterday, political but I can't even remember what. I made a mistake and clicked an icon saying "a friend has blocked you." I stupidly clicked on it and some female voice was saying something to the effect of "call you service provider" and then all these bells ringing. I don't know what it was. I immediately signed off and hours later had no problem at all on Facebook. When I got on I was just posting how proud I was of the athletes at the Olympics. I have never posted anything political but have agreed with some posts by clicking "like." Who knows though. But like many of you mentioned here, I have unfriended people too for their very harsh or vulgar remarks about anything in general.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:44 PM

6,650 posts, read 5,554,939 times
Facebook does more to reinforce our political beliefs than it does to challenge them. Even if you don't disagree with other people's views, I encourage you to keep them as friends as long as it isn't over the top obnoxious

Blue Feed, Red Feed - WSJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary