Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 02:15 PM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

What in the WORLD?

There's already enough backup at Aviation during rush hour and now they're building apartments over there?

I only know what I have seen from the tax database. Lake Crabtree Apartments is the name of the owner.

That is really going to congest that corner. Ugh.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:23 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,934 times
250 units.

Divided Morrisville council approves new apartments despite concerns | News & Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 02:47 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times
Here's the 105 page planning doc on 2015-075 (Lake Crabtree Apartments):
http://www2.townofmorrisville.org/we...8/2015-075.pdf

The site plan from page 17 of the aforementioned:

Old 08-01-2016, 04:23 PM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
I love Morrisville. Concerned? Approve it anyway!

Old 08-01-2016, 04:44 PM

22,674 posts, read 36,820,982 times
Whaaaaat? This is insanity. Morrisville could be a great little town but it is apparently run by some questionable brain power. And keep in mind they have TWO elementary schools (one of which is capped), no middle schools and no high school.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:52 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Well, they are in the process of extending Evans to 54 which should help write a bit and most of the traffic in that intersection is from people turning onto Evans to go to Cary. This is money my tax dollars are going up so everyone who doesn't love here can drive in town.

So, now, we are getting blamed because the Wake Co schools are behind as well? Even though a third elementary school is about to be started next year in the town and leaders have been practically begging for a middle or high school for several years even going so far as sponsoring a charter high school.

Should decisions be based on facts or feel good platitudes?

Old 08-01-2016, 05:15 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,151,564 times
I think one-way to eliminate the traffic is to make the lanes over lake Crabtree (Aviation parkway) into two lanes. It goes from two lanes to one then back to two. The merging kills it. Also people coming off Evans making a right on to Aviation still don't understand the concept of "Free floating turning lane".

They also butchered the land at the intersection of Weston parkway and Evans. Probably another office building. I used to ride my bike on Weston about 7 to 8 years ago and there was no one. I wouldn't dare try it today, the area is nuts and traffic increased 500%.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:45 PM

43,320 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
I think one-way to eliminate the traffic is to make the lanes over lake Crabtree (Aviation parkway) into two lanes. It goes from two lanes to one then back to two. The merging kills it. Also people coming off Evans making a right on to Aviation still don't understand the concept of "Free floating turning lane".

They also butchered the land at the intersection of Weston parkway and Evans. Probably another office building. I used to ride my bike on Weston about 7 to 8 years ago and there was no one. I wouldn't dare try it today, the area is nuts and traffic increased 500%.
"...the land at the intersection of Weston parkway and Evans..."

The Ovation at Weston. 308 apartments.

Ovation at Weston, The - 15-SP-010

Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM

261 posts, read 307,873 times
Not residential but don't forget the Met Life buildings and all the cars they bring. Not sure if they are full or not yet. Both these new apartment complexes are going to seize that entire area up making today's frustrating traffic look desirable.

Aviation over Lake Crabtree needs to be expanded and that would only help a little.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:19 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post

The Weston/Evans thing is in Cary and will be condos.

Widening Aviation from 40 to 54 has been funded and is in right of way aquistion I believe. May not quite be that far yet, I'll have to check but it's supposed to be done in 2021 IIRC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary