Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 01:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,729 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone!
This is my second try to post a thread. My first thread was deleted because of Email address.. OTL

I don't know how to write again.. anyway I am trying. haha.

I am a foreigner. I have been living in the U.S for over a year. Still I am learning English. Usually I study alone in the library or coffee shop. Nowadays I think if I talked with native friend, it would be so nice. But i don't know how to make native friends.

I live in Chapel Hill. Is there anyone who is willing to be my friend..?? haha. Or Is there anyone who knows how to make native friends? I just wish to talk with someone in the coffee shop around Chapel Hill sometimes.

I really don't care age, gender..at all. And I am a good listener. If you were so bored, and wanted to talk to someone, I could help you as well. hahaha.

I don't know if I need to write my gender or not.. anyway I am female...

please write a comment..or send me a message...Please..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 09:24 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times
Have you tried Meetup.com? You can find local people who share your same interests and make a few friends in the process.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:57 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,771 times
I think the lawn outside of Weaver Street Market in Carrboro could be a great place to meet people. Grab a cup of coffee or drink from the store, sit down outside and don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with the people sitting near you. Do the same while having a beer at Steel String Brewery, or Fridays on the Front Porch at Carolina Inn, or the upcoming Carrboro Music Festival. You just need to find public settings and make the effort. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2016, 06:00 PM

4,554 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Have you tried Meetup.com? You can find local people who share your same interests and make a few friends in the process.
I second this. meetup.com groups are actually plentiful in this area and considered a good way to meet people.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:02 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Where are you foreigner from

Old 08-28-2016, 08:27 PM

I appreciate all your comments! I have never tried Meetup.com, but I will try. I have tried a few meeting apps on my phone, but there were just guys who were looking for a date. And sometimes I go to Weaver Street Market, I like there, but the only thing is.. I am too shy to strike up a conversation...hehe. Anyway thank you
I am from Korea.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:56 AM

714 posts, read 721,977 times
I also recommend Meetup.com. I am new to the area since December and have met a lot of nice people through Meetups. There is an "Ethnic foods in the Triangle" meetup that attracts a LOT of people of all ages. People join meetups because they want to meet people! Most meetups, unless they specifically mention that they are "singles" meetups, get very nice people in a no-pressure environment. I suggest the ethnic foods meetup because when people have a meal together they talk and it would be a good way for you to make new friends and also learn more English...and because people into the foods of different cultures are usually interested in learning about others from other cultures. Try it!!

Old 08-29-2016, 12:41 PM

Hello, Thank you for your recommendation I joined Meetup.com yesterday! I will try it!

Old 09-02-2016, 05:21 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I googled Koreans in Chapel Hill and came up with some very nice restaurants, at least one church and a nice restaurant or two in Durham. Surely there are UNC sponsored groups for people from Korea or other Asian countries meeting on campus. Or maybe just zero in on a particular interest you would like to share with other folks not necessarily fellow Koreans. Or volunteer at the hospital, Ronald McDonald House, DPAC in Durham, or many other civic organizations. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary