Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 11:34 AM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
What I don't get is you hear a lot of complaints that there's not enough retail in West Cary, but yet Parkside isn't exactly booming. The Target over there is never busy, Field and Stream is closing, and rumors that Cinebowl isn't doing well? Doesn't make sense to me if supposedly there's such a demand for retail out there.
i can see it working

we live in south durham and parkside is convenient to us but i think its under utlized by durhamites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 11:38 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,006,649 times
There's a Target boycott ongoing and Cinebowl has a lot of competition too

Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
LOL at blaming that Target for being a ghost land on a boycott. None of the other Targets I've been to in the area seem to be having a massive issue with a boycott.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:01 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,006,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
LOL at blaming that Target for being a ghost land on a boycott. None of the other Targets I've been to in the area seem to be having a massive issue with a boycott.
I dunno, I don't shop there, but the stock still hasn't recovered

Old 09-14-2016, 12:17 PM

580 posts, read 711,626 times
I am in that Target twice a week due to being over there for a class (I usually shop in the Morrisville one) and that Target in West Cary is always quiet. My DH even commented on it.

We shop at that Golf Galaxy and it's usually quiet too. Which I find surprising since it is nicer and newer than the Golf Galaxy over by Crossroads.

My DH was just in F&S and he said no good sales yet. Just thinks they will move most of the merchandise over to Dick's.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:19 PM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I totally agree. That store opening in that shopping center never made any sense to me. Carolina Preserve is right down the road and the rest of the place is full of northeastern transplants. I never even heard of this store till it opened over there.
Despite what your average Luke Bryan ballad might say, I found far more people into hunting up North than I have in the South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I never even heard of this store till it opened over there.
That's because it was a new brand. Gander MTN has been established for a long time in the Midwest, as has Cabelas and BPS.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:28 PM

65 posts, read 133,392 times
Yeah, in Cary the name Field and Stream never seemed to fit and perhaps more aptly should've been "Mass Graded Former Field and Retention Pond". Regardless, F&S must've been bleeding money at that location because they presumably have to buyout their lease, which was likely at least 20 years in term.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:57 PM

51 posts, read 53,926 times
Field and Stream is a hunting and fishing shop. The person who made the decision of current location is an idiot.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
The issue is that a lot of people that live in South Durham don't even know Parkside is there. My mother lives 10 mins away and didn't know about it until 1 month ago.

Cinebowl is busy. Hickory Tavern is busy. The teet/Madios/Target are pretty busy.

That whole area is quickly building up. Might be tough for tenants now but it will be a prime location in 2-3 years IMO.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:00 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tiger View Post
Field and Stream is a hunting and fishing shop. The person who made the decision of current location is an idiot.
Why? Everyone on my one of my hunting leases except for me lives in Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary