Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:15 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,989,186 times

Advertisements

If you really want to know, maybe the photographer remembers or can look it up.

contact | Corey Jenkins Photo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 07:09 AM

812 posts, read 832,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm thinking it may be from the headwaters of Lochmere Lake.
Maybe...

Young Woman Kayaking On River Cary North Carolina Usa Stock Photo | Getty Images

Winner winner chicken dinner! Way to go Mike! The photo is of Lockmere "River". The man knows his town. I contacted the photographer, Corey Jenkins (thanks to SFspiderman for the link), and he confirmed per his email below. It was bugging me because 1. I would find it odd if a national magazine featuring a profile of Cary included a photo not taken in Cary but with a caption claiming it was in Cary. 2. If it is indeed in my "backyard" in Cary....good.... I want to know where as I like Kayaking. Of course, now that I know where it's at I still can't go as Lochmere is private....I think. It is a beautiful picture and I feel like I should include a link to Corey's studio page for his help solving this "mystery"; he has some pretty stunning images Corey Jenkins Photo He is in Miami but might be from around here as he has a local Raleigh area code (919).

This is actually at Lochmere Lake at 469 Lochmere Drive, Cary North Carolina. It is the big lake with a boat ramp. To find this "River" you have to go to the northern most part of the lake. Basically the opposite side of the boat ramp. I will say it isn't much of a river although it did look impressive in the photo. It's a nice lake to kayak on if anything and there is maybe 1/4 mile of this "river" look tucked away.

The Haw River and Falls Lake may have more what you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Corey Jenkins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary