U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 06:55 AM

9,945 posts, read 6,777,375 times

Advertisements

Well, I got so many good suggestions from my Plymouth thread (so much so, that I'll probably be making a "food only" trip with GF in the near future) that I thought I'd ask this one.

Tomorrow (Friday, 10/7) GF and I have to go to Fayetteville to do a pet assessment (she's a trainer). I think it's at 3:30 and will last less than an hour. She and I like "off the beaten path" places, and believe that the journey often IS the destination.

We are looking for a unique place to get some food.

In the past, I've tried some of the buffet's down there (Chason's, The Sand Dollar [I think that was the name], etc, and they are fun. I'm down for anything. Southern food is good, as is just about anything else. I assume we'll come back via 87-US1, just because I-95 at rush hour. I'm mostly familiar with Sanford as I lived there for a long time, so possibly I would pass on that.

To get an idea of what would be ideal, check the Plymouth Thread. Poggly Woggly and Cat-Link are right on target. I'm looking for an experience. If the food is great, that's a bonus. Divey earns extra points.

This is for tomorrow, if that matters. (we are making a "date" of it, so if there are non-food things to see, I'd like to hear about those too. It will be rainy out, so that factors. I don't know what part of town yet.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:13 AM

12,327 posts, read 23,130,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
In the past, I've tried some of the buffet's down there (Chason's, The Sand Dollar [I think that was the name], etc, and they are fun. I'm down for anything. Southern food is good, as is just about anything else. I assume we'll come back via 87-US1, just because I-95 at rush hour. I'm mostly familiar with Sanford as I lived there for a long time, so possibly I would pass on that.
Sanford is not very sophisticated, but we have been in Ron's Barn for barbecue. The pulled pork was good but greasy.

On that route, I can't think of anything but chains and barbecue places.

If you went out of the way a bit, you could visit the Fearrington House Restaurant. They say they do not have a formal dress code.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:15 AM

9,945 posts, read 6,777,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Sanford is not very sophisticated, but we have been in Ron's Barn for barbecue. The pulled pork was good but greasy.

On that route, I can't think of anything but chains and barbecue places.

If you went out of the way a bit, you could visit the Fearrington House Restaurant.
I have to agree. Big fat NO to Ron's Barn. (Yikes, that brings back memories. The Ex-family used to do some family get-togethers there. Blech.)

Old 10-06-2016, 07:18 AM

7,923 posts, read 9,683,450 times
Heath's Charcoal Steakhouse in Dunn. I haven't been, but I assure you it's on the list.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:26 AM

6,011 posts, read 4,311,607 times
A little out of the way but Pik-N-Pig in Carthage - you're welcome.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:41 AM

436 posts, read 612,062 times
Tried to rep you but I need to share more love around...

Pik-N-Pig is what I was going to post.

Be aware that some gps directions are wrong. Mine brought me to the other side of the runway. I could see it, I could smell the smoke but I couldn't get to it!

Old 10-06-2016, 07:41 AM

12,378 posts, read 14,018,878 times
You could do some restaurants in Pittsboro. Angelina's Kitchen and Small B&B are both highly recommended.

If you want to make more of a road trip out of it you could go via Pinehurst and Southern Pines, but that's more than a little out of the way.

If you want to eat in Fayetteville folks recommend Sherefé. I haven't been there, but it's a Turkish place downtown. Friends really like it.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:09 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,596,538 times
You can try Mac's Speed Shop - Beers | Bikes | BBQ - Barbeque in Charlotte, Lake Norman, Steele Creek, Greenville, Fayetteville
Quote:
482 N McPherson Church Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303
Locations | MISSION BBQ
Quote:
1932 Skibo Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28314
Shogun Japanese Restaurant | Order Online | Fayetteville, NC 28311 | Sushi
Quote:
3811 Ramsey St, Fayetteville, NC 28311
Bento Jubako & Sushi
Quote:
2651 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28305
Taste Of West Africa - Fayetteville, NC Home (Taste of West Africa)
Quote:
107 Person St, Fayetteville, NC 28301
(Downtown)

the coffee cup menu (I know you said dinner spots but this is a good spot for coffee and pastries)
Quote:
106 Hay Street. Fayetteville, NC 28301
Little Italy Restaurant Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
1400 Walter Reed Rd #130, Fayetteville, NC 28304
Home - Better Than Granny's (In Spring Lake, cousin tells me good things about this place)
Quote:
412 North west, 412 N Bragg Blvd, Spring Lake, NC 28390
Fayetteville Brooklyn pizzeria
Quote:
4411 Ramsey St, Fayetteville, NC 28311
Don't live in good ole Fayettenam any more and haven't ate at some of these places in a while so hopefully they work out for you.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:19 PM

7,923 posts, read 9,683,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
A chain but very good. I've eaten at the one that just opened in North Myrtle. The pulled BBQ chicken sandwich is excellent...pilled high too.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:44 PM

6,800 posts, read 5,997,807 times
There is a Fuller's BBQ in Fayetteville. Smaller than the one in Lumberton, but same great southern style food. Just don't eat the bbq. Oddly enough, its not that good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary