Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 11:40 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
All conspiracy theories and wishes aside, this is just indicative of the widespread publication of the continuing devolution of political discussion and climate.
Ugly breeds ugly breeds more ugly.
Yep. I remember back in 2008 when that lady in Chapel Hill (I believe it was) kept having her John McCain signs stolen....so she ended up having dozens and dozens installed in the front yard.

Intolerance of her viewpoints then and intolerance now....just getting nastier on both sides and more dangerous.

As Red said, those of us in the middle are usually more rational.....however, there seem to be fewer and fewer of us there. Maybe there are fewer open minded & tolerant people or maybe it is just that we are so sick and tired of what is happening between both sides.

Very odd that these types of things would happen in the Triangle, as a national republican candidate really would never stand a chance there. It is basically a given that only national democrat candidates can win there.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:51 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Could be anarchists. Could be high schoolers. Could be anybody. I really doubt it's anyone who has an official association with the Hillary campaign or the Orange County Democratic party, but time will tell.

Whoever did it was not thinking with a full deck.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:56 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,582,084 times
I did see that the gofundme seems to have met it's goal. At least that's what several friends have shared on social media now! Hopefully it sends the message to whoever did it that it is just bringing the parties closer together since that gofundme was a democratic effort.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:58 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Or pushing it as a false flag conspiracy theory THAT is some trump supporter behavior.
I'm not pushing any 'false flag' but many Trump supporters are really angry with the GOP.

Angry Trump Supporters Tell Colorado GOP Chair To Kill Himself

Delegates face death threats from Trump supporters

Trump Supporter Issues Threatening Message to GOP Nominee Live on the Air

Trump declares himself free from ‘shackles’ — and threatens to burn the GOP to the ground

Before you poo-poo that, search google for "Clinton supporters threaten GOP"

Old 10-17-2016, 12:27 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Yeah, it's only because Trump is angry at the GOP and is tweeting about it constantly that made me consider it could be a Trump supporter. I think otherwise I would have gone with unhinged teenager.

Regardless, sure hope they catch the person and we hear the story, because the fallout from this one will go on for a while (or until the next weird thing happens...which may be a couple of hours at this rate)

Old 10-17-2016, 12:32 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yes im starting to believe trump supporters nationally triangulated on a rural GOP headquarters to do a false flag op to make hillary look bad . Instead of ya know the anarchists next door.

"Listen guys there is no way it was someone on MY TEAM. It was dumb highschoolers, it was the national trump supporter wet-works ops syndicate, it was aliens"

Old 10-17-2016, 12:54 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Whoever did it, it was bad, no good, flat out wrong. So glad no one was hurt and just some signs, furniture and the building suffered. The other folks in Daniel Boone Village are really lucky that it didn't catch anything else on fire.

I hope they catch 'em soon. I don't think this speculating is doing anything good for anybody.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:47 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Yep. I remember back in 2008 when that lady in Chapel Hill (I believe it was) kept having her John McCain signs stolen....so she ended up having dozens and dozens installed in the front yard.

Intolerance of her viewpoints then and intolerance now....just getting nastier on both sides and more dangerous.

As Red said, those of us in the middle are usually more rational.....however, there seem to be fewer and fewer of us there. Maybe there are fewer open minded & tolerant people or maybe it is just that we are so sick and tired of what is happening between both sides.

Very odd that these types of things would happen in the Triangle, as a national republican candidate really would never stand a chance there. It is basically a given that only national democrat candidates can win there.
It's the quiet majority. As someone previously mentioned, social media has ratcheted up the frequency and viciousness of the divisive messages so it is in our face all the time.

The first candidate/party who can successfully implement restricting the campaign process to 3 months (and only 3 months) gets my vote in perpetuity. ;-)

Today, I received a text message from one of the campaigns - not sure who sold them my cell number and whether it was done legally.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:01 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
The comment about social media is spot on, I think. I've seen it in my own family and circle of friends on both sides of the spectrum (and it's funny...the more extremist both sides get, the more of the same memes they post on Facebook...).

These people can find each other and plan things so easily now.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:16 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
So much for open mindedness and tolerance, that some claim to live by in that area.

Lots of talk, but not walk to back it up.
I repped you but then saw your status and wished cursed myself for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary