Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:33 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
We had a great experience at Westgate.
Was that the Westgate pre-owned center or a used car at the Westgate CJD place across the street? I tried to buy a vehicle at the pre-owned center and they weren't flexible on price (of course maybe I didnt want to pay the listed price).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Also check the OfferUp app. It's quite active here.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:56 PM

644 posts, read 841,645 times
Sanford Honda. Not sure how they do it but their used car deals are generally very competitively priced! I understand that Sanford isn't really in the Triangle area but I wouldn't mind driving 40-45 minutes for a 10-20k expense. PS - their pricing is such that cars sell within a day or two.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:53 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
Carmax delivers well selected and prepared vehicles but has high prices.

I've traded several cars to large dealers and was surprised at the lousy preparation on them for resale.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:21 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,721,431 times
I second Carmax. Sure, they're a nationwide chain, but that helps when you're trying to find something. We replaced my wife's car back in August, and they shipped it over from Gastonia at no charge to us.

There are several other used car spots around the area, and I have no impressions of most of them. I would avoid CBS Quality Cars in Durham though. Among other things, they tried to jerk me around quite a bit and then tried to cop an attitude when I walked.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,136 times
I found all used car dealers equally unpleasant. We ended up buying on craigslist. You are correct that pickings are slim in this area but the dealer inventory is also far from spectacular. It's just how it is here.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:37 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Matthews Motors in Clayton. (919) 585-4963. "The Walking Man's Friend". Steve Matthews has a excellent reputation. Clayton PreOwned dealer in Clayton NC - PreOwned dealership Powhatan Auburn Archer Lodge, Willow SpringsNC

Old 11-19-2016, 02:16 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Any recommendations for a used car lot for German cars? I know dealers are the best place for "certified" cars, but a friend of a friend was mentioning that a used car lot in Durham, or maybe North Durham only stocks "good" condition German cars -but no one could think of the name.

I was just throwing out an idea to buy a used German car -I've always wanted an Audi, BMW or MB. Although knowing how they must be maintained very well, maybe I don't want to inherit someone else's previous maintenance issues.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:09 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Any recommendations for a used car lot for German cars? I know dealers are the best place for "certified" cars, but a friend of a friend was mentioning that a used car lot in Durham, or maybe North Durham only stocks "good" condition German cars -but no one could think of the name.

I was just throwing out an idea to buy a used German car -I've always wanted an Audi, BMW or MB. Although knowing how they must be maintained very well, maybe I don't want to inherit someone else's previous maintenance issues.
Don't.

I used to do auto electrical work.

Electrical gremlins on German cars can roll up unbelievable payable work hours and parts are costly. Even a mistake changing a light bulb can create thousands of dollars damage.

Only buy these cars new and dump them before the factory warranty expires.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:06 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Don't.

I used to do auto electrical work.

Electrical gremlins on German cars can roll up unbelievable payable work hours and parts are costly. Even a mistake changing a light bulb can create thousands of dollars damage.

Only buy these cars new and dump them before the factory warranty expires.
Or accept that this is the reputation of these vehicles, as a result they depreciate tremendously after warranty ends. Purchase for 25% of the MSRP, learn how to perform simple repairs yourself (there is great information on bimmer forums) and drive one for not much more than you would pay for a new American car. [I have never owned a BMW because they are far too low to the ground for my bad knees, but one of these days I may acquire a 7+ year old 7 series].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary