Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 07:25 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,830,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
It sounds really cool, heard Little Caesar's will be moving out.
NO. NO. NO. Where will I go for my hot and ready fix???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 PM

164 posts, read 143,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Ya'll really need to calm down with this whole eminent domain thing. This situation isn't like a giant pipeline being rammed through communities.
I was just using the pipeline as an example of "up and taking their land".

Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeerHeer View Post
I was just using the pipeline as an example of "up and taking their land".
It's still a different kind of scenario than what is going on here.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:53 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
NO. NO. NO. Where will I go for my hot and ready fix???
Bacon-wrapped pizza season is the best time of the year.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:56 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,674,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Ya'll really need to calm down with this whole eminent domain thing. This situation isn't like a giant pipeline being rammed through communities.
Yes it is. Exponentially!

Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Yes it is. Exponentially!
Alright then elaborate how it's "exponentially" the same thing?

Eminent domain for interstate pipelines is completely different as it gets preferential treatment due to the Natural Gas Act of 1938 (NGA). Section 7 of the NGA authorizes the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to issue "certificates of public convenience and necessity" for a pipeline project. These then allow a pipeline developer the right to use eminent domain along the pipeline route.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
FYI, we ate at Postmaster and wow, it was good. Super good.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM

25 posts, read 19,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
I wish they could get ride of all the car repair shops along E-Chatham or nearby in the cary downtown area. I believe there are maybe half a dozen of them within a mile? They make Cary look so old ... Seems that all Cary folks do ... is fix their cars.
I understand that they don't look pretty BUT I would hate it if everything was new and sparkly because that also means there is no more character or charm. Also, its really not nice to gripe about honest, hardworking small businesses. Most small businesses struggle as it is but take away reasonable rent and/or convenient location and they will all shut their doors.

I really hope the Town Council puts in some aesthetic restrictions so all of these new mega-buildings with high rent condos and store fronts don't all look the same like certain parts of DT Raleigh already does.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:57 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriCary View Post
I understand that they don't look pretty BUT I would hate it if everything was new and sparkly because that also means there is no more character or charm. Also, its really not nice to gripe about honest, hardworking small businesses. Most small businesses struggle as it is but take away reasonable rent and/or convenient location and they will all shut their doors.

I really hope the Town Council puts in some aesthetic restrictions so all of these new mega-buildings with high rent condos and store fronts don't all look the same like certain parts of DT Raleigh already does.
First, it’s is amazing to hear someone wish Cary would be more strict! Second, the general assembly saw fit to strike down most ability to have any aesthetic restrictions by municipalities.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:16 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
First, it’s is amazing to hear someone wish Cary would be more strict! Second, the general assembly saw fit to strike down most ability to have any aesthetic restrictions by municipalities.
^^This. That is one complaint I have never heard about Cary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary