Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:18 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,525,536 times

Advertisements

Use care, crossing the street from Arts Center parking areas to get to the new fountain.
Drivers are not used to much pedestrian traffic there; assume they do not see you.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 10:41 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,755,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Use care, crossing the street from Arts Center parking areas to get to the new fountain.
Drivers are not used to much pedestrian traffic there; assume they do not see you.....
Good point, totally right.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:19 PM

22,615 posts, read 36,516,975 times
Lots of people out and about last night when I drove through around 7 p.m. Ice cream place was hopping.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:03 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,027,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
I work there and walk to work on most days. Drivers are used to not having to stop to make a right onto Academy. There didn't even used to be a crosswalk on that side. Now, at least, the light actually turns red in all directions when the crosswalk is activated. I walk to work daily and I've found that what works best is to make DIRECT eye contact with drivers (cause some slow down and see you but try to turn right anyway before you get there)

Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,525,536 times
re: "I walk to work daily and I've found that what works best is to make DIRECT eye contact with drivers (cause some slow down and see you but try to turn right anyway before you get there)

I hold up my smartphone to make it look like I am taking a video of the (often-distracted) driver (at any intersection)...and you should hear the brake squeals I get when I the pedestrian has right-of-way.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:38 PM

4,292 posts, read 5,939,826 times
The owner of Pharmacy is opening a restaurant on Cedar, sort of across Walker from Little Caesars.

Quote:
“This is the missing link between us and Bond Brothers,†he said.

The plans are very preliminary, he said, in terms of design and what he can say about his culinary team.

About the chefs, he said, they’re “quality chefs that work at restaurants you would know.â€

The menu is described as “modern Southern American food.†Dishes will rotate with the seasons.

“We’ll have a set menu, but we want to be creative and constantly be running specials,†he said. “Things we like to eat.â€

He said the restaurant will be casual and family-friendly, which is key to the Cary market. He said diners can grab an appetizer and then head to Bond Brothers’ patio, for example.

“You can come in and get a great meal,†he said. “We want to make it approachable.â€

There will be craft beer, craft cocktails and a curated wine list. He said he hopes they can excel at craft cocktails in an area that doesn’t specialize in them.
Downtown Cary: Owner of Pharmacy Bottle and Beverage opening Postmaster restaurant and bar | News & Observer

Old 05-08-2017, 06:34 PM

9,122 posts, read 14,664,501 times
Gonza avoiding DT Cary looking dumber all the time.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:06 PM

803 posts, read 821,565 times
My folks just visited us from IL and they were impressed with downtown Cary. They liked the Arts Center, new fountain and REALLY liked Fresh Ice Cream Shop... as did the grandkids We all enjoyed walking around and getting some fresh air along with a little exercise. We had several "Hallmark Moments".

I was excited to read the Mayor's Blog about TOC moving forward with the next phases of the downtown park development Harold’s Blog: Visit to Le Touquet, Downtown Park and More – CaryCitizen

Personally, I enjoy visiting my local Pharmacy (Bottle and Beverage) after a strenuous hike or run in Umstead State Park -which is only 5 minutes up the road from DT Cary.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:12 PM
ERH

1,695 posts, read 2,507,603 times
Anyone heard anything on potential businesses going into the former Belle space?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:28 PM

803 posts, read 821,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
Anyone heard anything on potential businesses going into the former Belle space?

No, but I wish for an awesome deli and bagel place so I can get a decent schmear and spear. One thing I do know, rent there is not getting any cheaper with the momentum DT Cary seems to be gathering.

Don's Blog today reveals the big plans TOC has for further developing the park that is right across the street (Academy) from Belle. In it, he reveals the 4 firms that are finalists to help with the design. Don’s Blog: Downtown Park Design Firm Selection Process – CaryCitizen

I'd like to see them turn the natural drainage area into a kind of "mini-river walk" with an area for a farmers market (as previously planned in prelim drawings).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary