Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 PM

5 posts, read 12,196 times

Advertisements

As a newcomer to North Raleigh, I'm hoping that folks on this forum can shed light on the Stage II water restictions. I live in the Falls Lake watershed area and have watched the lake recede at an alarming rate. Despite the obvious, I have neighbors that are currently seeding and watering their lawns. In an effort to educate myself and them, I'd appreciate any feedback you folks might have.

1) Are North Raleigh residents, who receive water via a community well (Aqua America) under water restrictions? If so, what are the restrictions?
2) Are the recent Raleigh Stage II water restrictions applicable to City of Raleigh water customers only?
3) Do both the City of Raleigh and the northern lying areas of the city (north of 540 and south of 98) receive their water from Falls Lake?

Thanks in adavance for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 08:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
1) Are North Raleigh residents, who receive water via a community well (Aqua America) under water restrictions?

No, if you are on a private or community well then you are not subject to the water restrictions. Only users on the City of Raleigh water system are subject.

2) Are the recent Raleigh Stage II water restrictions applicable to City of Raleigh water customers only?

Yes. Again if you get your water from the City of Raleigh (Falls Lake) you are subject to the restrictions. Other towns may have restrictions as well, but Raleigh Stage II only applies to people getting water from falls lake.

3) Do both the City of Raleigh and the northern lying areas of the city (north of 540 and south of 98) receive their water from Falls Lake?

Some people may be hooked up to a private or community well, but if you are in Raleigh and aren't hooked to a well then yes you are most likely getting your water from falls lake.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 PM

5 posts, read 12,196 times
North Raleigh Guy--Thanks for your quick response to my questions!
I was hoping to hear that the N. Raleigh/Aqua customers were also under watering restrictions. Someone needs to monitor the ignorant folks who are just starting the seasonal "my lawn is greener than your lawn competition".

Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
We chose to move to the county so the city and neighborhood would not tell us
how many dogs we could have , charge us for water, tell me what color I could paint
the house, what type of fence is allowed, whether a shed met the neighborhood
standard, whether our flag is too large . We have two wells so if they want to measure our well use go ahead!!!
We'll just use the other one!!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:43 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_camper View Post
As a newcomer to North Raleigh, I'm hoping that folks on this forum can shed light on the Stage II water restictions. I live in the Falls Lake watershed area and have watched the lake recede at an alarming rate. Despite the obvious, I have neighbors that are currently seeding and watering their lawns.
Are their HOAs the ones insisting on doing this?

Old 03-29-2008, 11:59 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times
Default control

The control will remain in place forever, this is how the government gets more and more control over people. If we keep getting more rain then why arent they reducing restictions? This is like CA that wants to force people to use government regulated themostats. A private well aint so private anymore is it?

Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,579,467 times
Quote:
If we keep getting more rain then why arent they reducing restictions?
Because the area is still in an EXTREME DROUGHT!!!!!! No offense but I just don't see what is so hard to understand about this. The lake is still not at full pond. Yes, it has risen a lot but it's still not full. Even if it were full they should still keep us in stg.2 restrictions. If they were to loosen the restrictions, people would go back to their wasteful habits. That is not something we can afford with the dry summer that is being predicted.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM

18 posts, read 52,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBoundGeek View Post
Interestingly enough - All of Wake county seems to be drawing from a SINGLE aquifer what the looks of it on the NcWater.org maps. So - what your neighbor does is highly relevant to you.
Are you serious? I'm considering relocating from Maryland and up here our wells are different. We drill into underground streams and there are so many of them, it's unlikely you draw from the same one your neighbor draws water from.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBoundGeek View Post
Interestingly enough - All of Wake county seems to be drawing from a SINGLE aquifer what the looks of it on the NcWater.org maps. So - what your neighbor does is highly relevant to you.
I'm not on a private well, but have friends who are. What you say does not match with what I hear from them. Two neighbors can have a substantially different flow-per-minute for their water, and one neighbor can have their well run dry and need to re-drill while others continue to have continuous water flow. None of this seems to imply a single aquifer.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:40 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,579,467 times
We don't draw from a single aquifer. Who ever posted that just doesn't know what they are talking about. If that were the case then maybe they can explain why my well is 105 ft. deep and draws 15gpm but my neighbor's well which is located 30 ft. from mine is 330 ft. deep and only draws 4gpm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary