Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:18 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,088,540 times

Advertisements

No...I don't think so...these are done in October each year then you get a report detailing how your kid did compared to all the other tested kids in the U.S. I just looked it up and it's the Stanford Achievement Test (SAT-10). They give it in many states...CA, DC, VA, AZ....here's a wikipedia blurb:
"The Stanford Achievement Test Series, usually referred to simply as the "SAT 9" or "SAT 10" (where the number reflects the series being used), is one of the leading standardized achievement tests utilized by school districts in the United States for assessing children from kindergarten through high school; it is used to measure academic knowledge of elementary and secondary school students. The test is available in 13 levels that roughly correspond to the year in school. Each level of the test is broken into subtests or strands covering various subjects such as reading comprehension, mathematical problem solving, and science."

I guess NC doesn't use it! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Your kids take the SAT in 2nd grade????????
Stanford Achievement Test...same basic idea as the Iowa. I was in private school growing up and that's what we always used. Until I hit somewhere around middle school I didn't know that there was another SAT out there!

I've been told that my daughter's current school is #1 in the district and our tri-county area and close to the top 10 for the state--a private school education for free. I just wish that the parents/kids were more accepting of new kids. This is my daughter's first year there. All of the kids have already formed their core groups of friends and my daughter hasn't made a great transition. It has something to do with the area we live in--I'm a have-not living in a have area. I feel bad having her change schools again, but it's what we have to do from a financial standpoint.

From what I've read, the kids in NC schools seem to be more accepting because so many kids have recently moved there themselves. I just hope that works out for us!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:38 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
No...I don't think so...these are done in October each year then you get a report detailing how your kid did compared to all the other tested kids in the U.S. I just looked it up and it's the Stanford Achievement Test (SAT-10). They give it in many states...CA, DC, VA, AZ....here's a wikipedia blurb:
"The Stanford Achievement Test Series, usually referred to simply as the "SAT 9" or "SAT 10" (where the number reflects the series being used), is one of the leading standardized achievement tests utilized by school districts in the United States for assessing children from kindergarten through high school; it is used to measure academic knowledge of elementary and secondary school students. The test is available in 13 levels that roughly correspond to the year in school. Each level of the test is broken into subtests or strands covering various subjects such as reading comprehension, mathematical problem solving, and science."

I guess NC doesn't use it! LOL!

I'm feeling very old at the moment. I remember taking the SAT 3 and 4!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:17 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,435,715 times
Default WCPSS Challenges Gifted Students

WCPSS:WCPSS Challenges Gifted Students
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary