Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:32 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,149 times

Advertisements

No you can like what you like, it isn't wrong...but yes in the realm of cheesesteaks Penn Station is also an abomination. See McDonald's reference above.

Johns and Dallessandros - now we're talking. Pats and Genos def a tourist trap, not a great steak, but a sentimental one for those who have spent late nights on Passyunk chowing down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 11:12 AM

725 posts, read 1,500,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
No you can like what you like, it isn't wrong...but yes in the realm of cheesesteaks Penn Station is also an abomination. See McDonald's reference above.

Johns and Dallessandros - now we're talking. Pats and Genos def a tourist trap, not a great steak, but a sentimental one for those who have spent late nights on Passyunk chowing down.
Do you like Roast Pork? Check out Zeke's Meats food truck, he makes a really nice one. Looks like he is finished for the year but they are pretty good at updating their calendar - Home

Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Anvil's is ok for cheesesteaks but definitely a solid option for this area. Nothing wrong with Penn Station either. I know Nashers Sandwich House on Durant has cheesesteaks but not sure how Philly they are or good they are.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:31 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Are there places in the triangle with acceptable hoagies? There are some in & near Charlotte. If they can make an acceptable hoagie, they can make an acceptable cheese steak. It's that simple.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:11 PM

369 posts, read 460,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Dalessandro’s and John's Roast Pork are probably my two favorite places in Philly
Mine too!

DiNic's is my favorite when it comes to roast pork sandwiches though.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 PM

369 posts, read 460,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Are there places in the triangle with acceptable hoagies? There are some in & near Charlotte. If they can make an acceptable hoagie, they can make an acceptable cheese steak. It's that simple.

My favorite Italian Hoagie is from NYBD III in Cary. I tried the Italian from Anvil's the other day and it was pretty good too.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:35 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingonamtntop View Post
Mine too!

DiNic's is my favorite when it comes to roast pork sandwiches though.
Paesano's has a pretty good roast pork sandwich too.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingonamtntop View Post
My favorite Italian Hoagie is from NYBD III in Cary. I tried the Italian from Anvil's the other day and it was pretty good too.
Ummmmm. . . I looked them up. they sell heroes. This is what I'm talking about. Steak 'n Hoagie Shop - Charlotte, North Carolina Cheesesteaks

Old 12-30-2016, 02:54 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,149 times
Have not had a real hoagie here. Closest is Wawa off of 95!!

Love roast pork, I prefer Tony Luke's - w sharp sharp provolone. Dinics tends to be too soggy on the bun side. I've never heard of Zekes but will def give it a go. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Have not had a real hoagie here. Closest is Wawa off of 95!!

Love roast pork, I prefer Tony Luke's - w sharp sharp provolone. Dinics tends to be too soggy on the bun side. I've never heard of Zekes but will def give it a go. Thanks for the heads up.
Here's a heads up. Aldi is now carrying Amoroso club rolls. They will do in a pinch to make your own small hoagie or cheese steak, or the hot sandwich of your choice (meatball, eggplant parm. . .)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary