Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:20 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times

Advertisements

You don't like Raleigh Brewing or Crank Arm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:58 AM

725 posts, read 1,499,926 times
Brice's posted they will open to the public next Saturday (14th) at noon.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:25 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Trophy is usually a very long wait. A lot of restaurants are packed every day on weekends. I'd estimate we probably have the demand for 2-3x what we currently have. And once we reach saturation, it'll drive up the quality of the existing establishments (many places have underwhelming brews in my opinion... Raleigh Brewing, Boylan, Crank Arm, etc), which is also a good thing.
Try going to Trophy on Maywood instead. Same beer, but more seating. No pizza, but they do get food trucks. Thus far it's been the only way my wife and I have been able to try their beer lineup.

Last edited by garnetpalmetto; 01-10-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 01-10-2017, 08:29 PM

725 posts, read 1,499,926 times
Part two was posted today - New breweries coming to the Triangle in 2017, Part 2 | News & Observer

Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 PM

353 posts, read 458,147 times
Quote:
An unusual project taking shape near RTP is Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending. It’s a first-of-its-kind undertaking for this area, led by Steve English. English plans to open with 100 or more oak barrels to produce funky and sour wild ales, barrel-aged beers and specialty-blended concoctions. In other words, you won’t find much typical beer once it opens.
Awesome. I hadn't heard about this project before. It's great to have another brewer in the area that won't just be brewing the standard styles. And it's close to me as well. Really stoked about this one.

Quote:
Also in Durham, Hope Valley Brewing Co. no longer plans to brew its own beer – at least not in the near future – although it will continue with its brewpub business at 4810 Hope Valley Rd. that has been open since last year.
Too bad. Doesn't make much sense to call it a "Brewing Co." anymore if they really aren't planning to actually brew.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:38 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
You don't like Raleigh Brewing or Crank Arm?
Yeah, I know everyone has different taste, but I'd have Crank Arm in my top 5 for sure. They just won a bronze medal at the Great American Beer Festival for their White Wall Wit. That's a pretty big deal (7200+ entries).

Old 01-11-2017, 09:16 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post

Too bad. Doesn't make much sense to call it a "Brewing Co." anymore if they really aren't planning to actually brew.
True, but I'm sure they have plenty of money spent on getting the name "Hope Valley Brewing Company" created and registered and all of that. Changing the name is probably not super easy and just another cost and hassle. Besides they don't plan on brewing in the near future, but it always opens the door up for the future to brew. With the amount of time it takes to get the proper licenses to brew, a lot of breweries do open with guest taps for several months or even years before being able to brew their own beer.

But something like "Hope Valley Tap House" would be much more suitable now.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:51 PM

353 posts, read 458,147 times
I've no doubt about any of that. My point is just that it would make more sense to change the name if they aren't planning to brew ever. Other than that, this part of Durham is already pretty saturated with craft beer. Between Sam's, Bullcraft, Growler Grlz and Mattie B's being all within a quarter mile radius, I'm not really sure how they carve out a niche unless they plan to brew.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:01 PM

812 posts, read 831,112 times
Big Mike's BBQ in Cary, near Maynard and High House, is expanding to include a small batch brewery.

Big Mike's BBQ has opened a second location in Apex's Beaver Creek Crossings | News & Observer

Don't worry folks, the Great Harvest Bread Company is staying in that same Cary shopping center and expanding itself to offer more seating for a cafe.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:26 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Fuquay-Varina’s Lincoln Brewing Co. opening two new Triangle locations

Not directly related to the Triangle, but Anheuser-Busch to buy Asheville's Wicked Weed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary