Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 03:12 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
How about the 401/Hilltop Needmore/Hilltop/Air Park Rd clusterfudge.

Either Air Park Rd or Hilltop Rd need to have its own intersection/traffic circle a few hundred feet from 401. It is maddening to have a 3-cycle stoplight on a major road, with the other roads being relatively minor.

You can make a difference by contacting NCDOT with your suggestions using the links on their website.

How many of you voiced your concerns on the campaign that just ended where you could submit your thoughts on a map of all 100 counties?

I did, the sole comment from Franklin County where I expressed my disappointment in the Fortify project, mainly the declining quality of the overhead signs, (sagging cantilevers, not perfect like older Beltline signs are which are fading BTW and need replacing).

The concrete center median is too high blocking downtown skyline from view unless you're looking for it also.

My biggest issue with them is that Raleigh seems to be the only city in America not replacing the wire-hung, sagging traffic lights with mast-arm poles.

Charlotte is aggressively replacing them.

And Raleigh officials cannot ignore how much better Cary intersections look.

I'm starting to think that sloppy clutter is purposely intended for the aesthetic of Raleigh, a look I do not like.

If it were me, I would allow for private donations to pay for intersection and streetscape improvements from businesses and residents who want Raleigh to be spruced up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 03:22 PM

634 posts, read 912,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
It was discussed earlier in this thread. The 401-40 section is going to take longer than the 55-401 section, so they're getting going on it sooner. The whole stretch from 55 to 40 should open at the same time.
Thank you - I should have reread.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 AM

49 posts, read 80,950 times
Seeing what happens with traffic in Holly Springs, Ten Ten, etc between 5:30 and 6:30 at night, I can’t imagine what it will be like by 2023. We need the rest of 540 finished as soon as possible.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:10 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fm2802 View Post
Seeing what happens with traffic in Holly Springs, Ten Ten, etc between 5:30 and 6:30 at night, I can’t imagine what it will be like by 2023. We need the rest of 540 finished as soon as possible.
I made the mistake of attempting to go from downtown Apex to the Bed Bath & Beyond off 55 in Holly Springs around 6pm one time.

Never again will I do that.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:37 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
The SELC has filed a petition objecting to a water quality permit that was issued by the NC Division of Water Resources.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...226581274.html

Old 02-22-2019, 08:43 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
The SELC has filed a petition objecting to a water quality permit that was issued by the NC Division of Water Resources.
Sigh. More obstruction. On this one, odds are 90% that SELC will lose or that they will reach some negotiated settlement with NCDOT as they did for the Bonner Bridge.

In this case... pave, baby, pave.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:44 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Sigh. More obstruction. On this one, odds are 90% that SELC will lose or that they will reach some negotiated settlement with NCDOT as they did for the Bonner Bridge.
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous at this point. The road is going to happen, get over it. It's just time and money wasted now.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:19 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
The second contract has been awarded. One more to go...

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-rel...t-awarded.aspx

Old 02-28-2019, 02:35 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...226581274.html
I hate their default objection to everything also, but the one good outcome from their whining and lawsuits is the new Bonner Bridge, which soars higher and mightier than if built as originally planned the same size as the old one.

SF's new baybridge $8 billion +

New Tappan Zee Bridge $4 billion.

Both gorgeous, but I'm proud of the new Bonner Bridge, especially when it only cost around $250 million.

old video, opening maybe tomorrow!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5D30&FORM=VIRE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary