Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:59 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,573,751 times

Advertisements

^^He probably didn't know he was doing anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 08:17 PM

6,651 posts, read 5,577,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
If that was my comment you are referencing, that's not what was said at all. I said that it was dangerous for people who obviously do not understand the proper laws regarding stopping for a school bus to suddenly come to a stop in the middle of the road where it wasn't expected or required. I also believe I might have mentioned that they could cause an accident by doing something like that.
I don't think I was referring to you but if you give adequate following distance, you'll be able to reduce the chance of such an accident happening.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:15 PM

44 posts, read 48,497 times
yeah you're telling me... my favorite was the gray civic with snow covered windows that cut me off without signaling at the aviation pkwy exit and then came to a complete stop to yield in the free-flow turn lane, once again no signal. I hope your flight was delayed!

Old 01-12-2017, 07:41 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,812,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I don't think I was referring to you but if you give adequate following distance, you'll be able to reduce the chance of such an accident happening.
I agree, but it's still an idiot move to stop for a school bus when it's not required. But that probably goes back more to the fact that people don't know the driver's handbook anymore. I don't think it's part of the licensing test at this point and it really should be.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:49 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,573,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I agree, but it's still an idiot move to stop for a school bus when it's not required. But that probably goes back more to the fact that people don't know the driver's handbook anymore. I don't think it's part of the licensing test at this point and it really should be.
Yes, if people understood the rules of the road there would be a lot less crashes. That's a given. But I think the problem stems from people not studying like they should then failing the test and complaining about the test being too hard. If the DMV gets enough complaints they will rewrite the test making it easier. And I believe all this stems from too many people have the implication they have a right to drive which is not true.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:34 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,812,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Yes, if people understood the rules of the road there would be a lot less crashes. That's a given. But I think the problem stems from people not studying like they should then failing the test and complaining about the test being too hard. If the DMV gets enough complaints they will rewrite the test making it easier. And I believe all this stems from too many people have the implication they have a right to drive which is not true.
I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary