Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 AM

449 posts, read 699,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Me too!

In an era where people resort to ranting on Facebook to the same audience over and over and over again it was refreshing to see so many people exercise their constitutional rights via actions. Without taking a side in this national debate, it has always been our job as citizens to hold our elected representatives accountable and let them know where we stand on issues. We just haven't been this motivated since the 60's.

Raleigh did itself proud yesterday and made it clear that its citizens are aware, vigilant and prepared to engage when appropriate.
Beautiful comment, hear hear!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:27 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,590,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
Beautiful comment, hear hear!
Agree! So well said.

I wasn't able to go, but was so impressed by all I saw from a distance.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:31 AM

54 posts, read 46,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Me too!

In an era where people resort to ranting on Facebook to the same audience over and over and over again it was refreshing to see so many people exercise their constitutional rights via actions. Without taking a side in this national debate, it has always been our job as citizens to hold our elected representatives accountable and let them know where we stand on issues. We just haven't been this motivated since the 60's.

Raleigh did itself proud yesterday and made it clear that its citizens are aware, vigilant and prepared to engage when appropriate.
Well said. I attended and was impressed with the attendance and the civility and patience of the crowd and police.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:48 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,897,217 times
Highest turnout in the state I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary