Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 08:58 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times

Advertisements

That Facebook page isn't very informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 10:02 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
That Facebook page isn't very informative.
Neither are most FB pages.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:43 AM

Sign on door and FB page. Grand opening monday Feb 20th. Will be closed on Sundays. Menu posted on their FB page.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Sign on door and FB page. Grand opening monday Feb 20th. Will be closed on Sundays. Menu posted on their FB page.
My friend says it's an order at the counter, not at the table. Not sure where she learned that

Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
My friend says it's an order at the counter, not at the table. Not sure where she learned that
That would be a disappointment.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Nope, unless youre doing takeout, it's full service. Friendly, nice, but certainly not very experienced service.

I've had takeout once and a group of four of us went for sit down dinner. The summer rolls were very good, but the peanut sauce not as good as many other places. The dumplings are clearly house made (instead of the frozen ones we get so often in this area) and tasty. The beef pho is quite good with a fairly rich tasting broth. Not the greatest I've ever had, but far better than many. The standout is the bun - EVERYBODY thought they were terrific with the grilled pork getting raves. Those that had the combo bun also complimented the shrimp.

The serving sizes of the pho (I ordered a small) and the bun are VERY large and include a lot of meat. Prices are reasonable.

I'll be back for more! Especially anything they make with that grilled pork!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:05 AM

I still prefer Pho Far East.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:41 AM

32 posts, read 39,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Nope, unless youre doing takeout, it's full service. Friendly, nice, but certainly not very experienced service.

I've had takeout once and a group of four of us went for sit down dinner. The summer rolls were very good, but the peanut sauce not as good as many other places. The dumplings are clearly house made (instead of the frozen ones we get so often in this area) and tasty. The beef pho is quite good with a fairly rich tasting broth. Not the greatest I've ever had, but far better than many. The standout is the bun - EVERYBODY thought they were terrific with the grilled pork getting raves. Those that had the combo bun also complimented the shrimp.

The serving sizes of the pho (I ordered a small) and the bun are VERY large and include a lot of meat. Prices are reasonable.

I'll be back for more! Especially anything they make with that grilled pork!
How would you compare it with Taste Vietnamese Cuisine in Morrisville?

Old 05-03-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I still prefer Pho Far East.
I agree - but that's a long way from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imma_T View Post
How would you compare it with Taste Vietnamese Cuisine in Morrisville?
Several years ago, I had many good meals at Taste. Then it went downhill. Last July it was sold to a new owner. It was better. Ironically, I went there last week and had the worst bahn mi sandwich I've ever tasted. And they ticked me off with several service issues. But I'd say the bun is way better at Mekong.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:41 AM

Mekong has just been announced as the newest vendor in the soon to open Morgan Street Food Hall and Market.

MKG Kitchen – Morgan Street Food Hall & Market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary