Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:53 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Why would there be a need to separate the two buildings?
Remember that the site plan only shows the first floor and it's possible that the second level is one contiguous space on top of a 2 building base. It may also be a decoy plan to thwart the very speculation being discussed on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 01:22 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,081 times
and, Wegmans across the street is still in the works, per:
Harold’s Blog: Congressional Town Hall, Wegmans and More – CaryCitizen

Old 03-13-2017, 03:36 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
and, Wegmans across the street is still in the works, per:
Harold’s Blog: Congressional Town Hall, Wegmans and More – CaryCitizen
What?! All we need is a Shake Shack and then we have the trifecta

Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
Really curious to see what Columbia is going to propose. I like that they're running things by the mayor to get a feel for the temperature before officially bringing it forward. They were waiting for the Eastern Gateway plan to be finalized, and now that that's done I expect things will pick up.

Sure would love to see this Wegmans move forward. It'll be the closest one to me and was supposed to be first, but it certainly looks like the Davis Drive one is in the lead.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Sounds like the biggest potential issue would be reducing the distance buildings can be from Ivy Lane properties from 300 feet to 150 feet.
This is literally the definition of NIMBY.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:45 AM

6,654 posts, read 5,590,752 times
Don't know if this has been posted before but I see a site plan for the Wegmens side here - Columbia Development

Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Yeah, the renderings and a bit of the site plan were previously posted starting here.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:54 AM

347 posts, read 522,214 times
I thought this may be of some interest, from Harold's Blog on the Cary Citizen website. The mayor discussed CBL's plans for future development at the mall:

Quote:
Monday afternoon I met with CBL representatives. They are the ones that own the mall and have IKEA going through the process. They presented sketches they are considering for the rest of the mall’s redevelopment. From my discussions with them they plan to propose apartments next to IKEA that will wrap around a parking deck for the next phase. The rest of the site redevelopment will be in later phases and will include a mix of uses including office, retail, residential, and parking decks including one or two hotels. Initially they may be competing with Columbia development, on the state property across Cary Town Boulevard, for restaurants and retail. We’ll see how that works out.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:48 AM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.idtpl...ent%20Plan.pdf

Here is their PDP for Phase 2...large mixed-use complex replacing all of the rest of the mall with the exception of Belk and Dillards. 300,000 sf retail, 100,000 sf office, 400 units of residential, and a 150 room hotel. Max height of 100 feet. I don't know if Belk and Dillards are planning to stay as is or if they could be incorporated at a later date. Dillards owns its own building/parking lot, while I believe Belk owns its building but CTC owns the land under it.

Parking deck toward Cary Towne Blvd in line with IKEA's.

"Pod 2" at the corner of Maynard and CTB...up to 100 foot tall hotel with 150 rooms plus restaurant and retail.

"Pod 3" along CTB would be either another 150 room hotel/restaurant or 500,000 sf office. Again up to 100 feet tall.

And finally, "Pod 4" behind IKEA closest to Ivy Meadows neighborhood would be 400 units of residential at up to 60 feet tall.

Still in the early stages and will be revised significantly as it gets fleshed out, but a good idea of what they're thinking at this point.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.idtpl...ent%20Plan.pdf

Here is their PDP for Phase 2...large mixed-use complex replacing all of the rest of the mall with the exception of Belk and Dillards. 300,000 sf retail, 100,000 sf office, 400 units of residential, and a 150 room hotel. Max height of 100 feet. I don't know if Belk and Dillards are planning to stay as is or if they could be incorporated at a later date. Dillards owns its own building/parking lot, while I believe Belk owns its building but CTC owns the land under it.

Parking deck toward Cary Towne Blvd in line with IKEA's.

"Pod 2" at the corner of Maynard and CTB...up to 100 foot tall hotel with 150 rooms plus restaurant and retail.

"Pod 3" along CTB would be either another 150 room hotel/restaurant or 500,000 sf office. Again up to 100 feet tall.

And finally, "Pod 4" behind IKEA closest to Ivy Meadows neighborhood would be 400 units of residential at up to 60 feet tall.

Still in the early stages and will be revised significantly as it gets fleshed out, but a good idea of what they're thinking at this point.
I hope that residential isn't apartments.

But, realistically, I know it is.

ETA: I bet Dillards stays. Hope Belk stays and this really gets them to go upscale, more in line with Belk at Crabtree. I love a good outdoor mall with pretty lights outside, outdoor eating areas, and a couple or 3 large anchors to tie up the smaller shops.

It feels so much less claustrophobic than a closed mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary