Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:38 PM

6,329 posts, read 5,424,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
McWallace and cheapdad00 are correct. I've got the solar and geothermal money back already, I think, or at least very close, but the massive shop (650sf, with full basement) and pool and screened porch may be losing ventures, at least as far as resale is concerned. Don't care, though, we're here for the long haul and I love working in my shop. I can even use it for my business now, so yay, tax writeoff (a bit)!
AH ok that makes more sense....taking a loss on the upgrades....not the purchase price of the house. Got it.

It sounded like you were saying you would have to sell your house today for less than you paid for it in 1999 which would be crazy unless the place basically rotted from the inside out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 591 times
I also think that some of what we're seeing in Wakefield is a normal cycle. Wakefield is older than Heritage and some people, like ourselves, have lived here for quite some time. We been out here almost 16 years and are finally moving. We raised our kids here and now like some of our friends are downsizing or moving away. The market has also improved enough now for people that may have been it's sitting on the fence about selling are finally listing driving up the average cost. It's still an absolutely lovely place to live. Will miss it dearly.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:24 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,948,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel408 View Post
What's a freeway?
That thing US1 from Raleigh to Wake Forest should have been a decade ago.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:45 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,879,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
The conventional, most popular thing around here seems to be to move into a brand new house in a brand new neighborhood in (Wake Forest/Holly Springs/West Cary/etc). The new house/new neighborhood thing certainly does have its appeal, but you if you do it you have to expect that things will change around you. In most areas where new construction is predominant, there's still a lot of undeveloped land, so within five years the area will look and feel completely different from how it does now.

Basically - if you move anywhere because you like the bucolic setting, you had better be at least two counties out or else the bucolic setting won't last.

We chose to move into an established neighborhood built 25~30 years ago, with little undeveloped land for at least 2 miles in any direction, for exactly that reason. No surprises, no big changes: WYSIWYG.
this, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary