Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:59 PM

205 posts, read 182,458 times

Advertisements

Bought a Casper mattress and have been pleased. They are a bit on the firm side FYI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 10:46 PM

663 posts, read 1,618,610 times
We bought a Casper king over an year ago. After 6 months or so, the support it offered degraded. I wouldn't recommended them.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:25 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We just went through this exercise last month. I wanted latex specifically because it doesn't produce as much heat. The choices I seriously considered were Leesa and Brooklyn Bedding. I went with the latter primarily because it was about $150 cheaper. If I didn't like it, back it goes and we could pop the extra money for the Leesa.

King size medium came quickly through FedEx and it was easy for us to put up on the bed (senior citizens and out of shape here). I might have preferred the soft, but DH wanted something a little more firm, so we compromised on the medium. Both of us are VERY happy with this mattress and yes, I'm not sweaty at night anymore. Overall, it's a BIG IMPROVEMENT over the pillow top spring mattresses that we've had over the years. And very budget friendly at $850, no tax, free shipping.

This site helped me figure out what to get and provided a $50 coupon. https://sleepopolis.com/
Eight months later, we're still quite happy with our choice. The latex IS cooler than other materials (especially memory foam which we've sampled when traveling). The bed feels pretty much like it did when we first got it. Minor complaint is that it's heavy and that makes it more difficult to tuck the sheets in.

I suspect this mattress will not last as long as some others. I'm guessing five years. That still makes it cheaper than one purchased locally that lasts for ten years. And it kinda feels mentally good to replace the thing sooner.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bed in a box on line.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:49 AM

385 posts, read 348,167 times
I have slept on several memory foam mattresses that cost from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand. They are all about the same to me. Costco would be a good place to get one. They have a good return policy. Even an opened one should fit in an SUV to return. All I have slept on tend to be warm and hard to turn over on. A non foam topper helps with heat. Best mattress we ever had was a Sleep Number but price is pretty steep.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:57 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcretro View Post
We bought a Casper king over an year ago. After 6 months or so, the support it offered degraded. I wouldn't recommended them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Eight months later, we're still quite happy with our choice. The latex IS cooler than other materials (especially memory foam which we've sampled when traveling). The bed feels pretty much like it did when we first got it. Minor complaint is that it's heavy and that makes it more difficult to tuck the sheets in.

I suspect this mattress will not last as long as some others. I'm guessing five years. That still makes it cheaper than one purchased locally that lasts for ten years. And it kinda feels mentally good to replace the thing sooner.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bed in a box on line.

I've had a Casper king with their topper they sent to provide a softer feel for 5 years and it's holding up great. No loss of support at all. I also have a Brooklyn Bedding soft king which I find more comfortable than the Casper. As far as I'm concerned even though I've always been a customer of Original Mattress Factory I'm done with conventional mattress.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:40 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcrasher View Post
All I have slept on tend to be warm and hard to turn over on.
That's my only dislike about memory foam...turning over takes more effort than on an inter spring. I got a hernia soon after my first memory foam and think the mattress was the culprit. All our mattresses are memory foam now. Some are high end, but my favorite is $499.00 Paula Deen by Serta from Big Lots.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:38 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
I've had good luck with the Zinus brand mattresses off Amazon

Old 12-31-2017, 09:43 AM

270 posts, read 379,294 times
we got a novaform from Costco years ago and it has held up and is comfy..except..it is hot!
I noticed that Target had Casper mattresses the other day.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:00 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I used to have a regular memory foam topper about 2.5" on my bed and it was so hot. Replaced that a couple years ago with a 'cool' gel type 2" foam topper and it made a difference. So if you decide on going the route of a memory foam mattress, make sure you can select a cooler choice than regular tempurpedic type foam.

For my needs I purchased a Beautyrest mattress & boxspring over 10 yrs ago in the most firm configuration possible and with no pillowtop whatsoever. Pillowtops break down rather quickly and you're stuck and they are not covered by the warranty like the internal coils. I did that with the plan of adding a memory foam topper , which could be replaced when needed. This way my mattress has remained as firm as it was day 1 with no degradation, and the 2" topper is perfect for just the right amount of softness.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:23 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacciopesce View Post
So my question is, if you need to send one of these things back..... how would you go about doing so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiNPjaAUSs

...... or, is that the key to their success (making it impossible to return)?
Some sellers let you donate it for charity and some even arrange the pickup with a charity for you.

Now I've seen a bad mess for a person who bought a Leesa through Amazon. They did not have the Leesa return terms.

READ THE RETURN POLICY BEFORE YOU ORDER ANY MATTRESS, by web or at a B&M store. Some are great and others have very nasty policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: