Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,246 times

Advertisements

Cary@Sweet Tomatoes
I was working as a Dining Room Attendant also known as a busser at Sweet Tomatoes located in Cary, and my coworkers and I are completely disappointed and sad that the stores have been shot down. As many of you already know, the parent company filed for bankruptcy. As a result (days and weeks later after the parent company filed for bankruptcy), many stores in different states closed.
The employees knew that the chances of closing the stores in NC were high. However, the managers let their teams know that there was nothing to worry about: both Sweet Tomatoes in Cary and Raleigh were going to remain open.
To our surprise, on Wenesday, corporate called to let us know that they decided to close both stores that same day: March 1st.
Neither the stores' managers nor the employees received a notice in advance, meaning that many were left without jobs.
I do agree with some of you, Sweet Tomatoes was declining. There were days when everything was perfect because there were workers who knew how to do their job, resulting n positive guest satisfaction. Also, there were days when some employees did not know how to do theirs, negatively affecting the store. The lack of leadership from management and the lack of proper training to new employees contributed to bad experiences to many of you.

•My coworkers and I want to thank you all for visiting Sweet Tomatoes.

•Special thanks to first time, frequent, and loyal guests who visited the store in Cary either on Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday nights.

Thank You & God Bless,
S.A

Last edited by Elimtoph60; 03-04-2017 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 02:07 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elimtoph60 View Post
Cary@Sweet Tomatoes
I was working as a Dining Room Attendant also known as a busser at Sweet Tomatoes located in Cary, and my coworkers and I are completely disappointed and sad that the stores have been shot down. As many of you already know, the parent company filed for bankruptcy. As a result (days and weeks later after the parent company filed for bankruptcy), many stores in different states closed.
The employees knew that the chances of closing the stores in NC were high. However, the managers let their teams know that there was nothing to worry about: both Sweet Tomatoes in Cary and Raleigh were going to remain open.
To our surprise, on Wenesday, corporate called to let us know that they decided to close both stores that same day: March 1st.
Neither the stores' managers nor the employees received a notice in advance, meaning that many were left without jobs.
I do agree with some of you, Sweet Tomatoes was declining. There were days when everything was perfect because there were workers who knew how to do their job, resulting n positive guest satisfaction. Also, there were days when some employees did not know how to do theirs, negatively affecting the store. The lack of leadership from management and the lack of proper training to new employees contributed to bad experiences to many of you.

•Special thanks to first time, frequent, and loyal guests who visited the store in Cary either on Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday nights.

Thank You & God Bless,
S.A
Bussers worked hard there.
I always tipped pretty well, and was saddened at the messes some tables left with a buck or two, or nothing.

I sort of quit going in when the restroom was let go to the point of smelling like a privy. Management issue, not a server issue.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:08 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elimtoph60 View Post
Cary@Sweet Tomatoes

Thank You & God Bless,
S.A
Sorry the no goods in command didn't have the decency to give you warning.

Our experience with Raleigh the store was as you said good or bad depending on the day.

The one really unforgiveble thing Raleigh did was to not correct sanitary violations that continued the same month to month.

I wish you the best in finding a better job.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:16 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,136 times
It's sad that people lost their jobs, especially with no warning. But closure is not a loss for me either. We only stopped by once and just walked out since the place did not seem clean or welcoming (could've been one of those bad days).

That said, with closing of Golden Corral nearby I'm really missing buffet / salad bar places in Cary. They are a life saver when you have a group of picky eaters.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 AM

So, I just received the coupon email offer from Sweet Tomatoes:
\
"Your local Sweet Tomatoes: 31151 US Route 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34682"

Fail.

ETA: Oh! Pun!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:51 AM

792 posts, read 4,487,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
So, I just received the coupon email offer from Sweet Tomatoes:
\
"Your local Sweet Tomatoes: 31151 US Route 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34682"

Fail.

ETA: Oh! Pun!
I got that same e-mail. AFTER getting the other e-mail last week about how my local location had closed and I wouldn't be receiving these e-mails anymore...

Old 03-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedratermi View Post
I got that same e-mail. AFTER getting the other e-mail last week about how my local location had closed and I wouldn't be receiving these e-mails anymore...
So, is your gift card good at any location?
Maybe you can mail your gift card to a homeless shelter in Palm Harbor?
Find one you can deduct the value from your taxes?

Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
It's sad that people lost their jobs, especially with no warning. But closure is not a loss for me either. We only stopped by once and just walked out since the place did not seem clean or welcoming (could've been one of those bad days).

That said, with closing of Golden Corral nearby I'm really missing buffet / salad bar places in Cary. They are a life saver when you have a group of picky eaters.
I never go there, but when did Golden Corral close??? I have been to the one on Glenwood. Too noisy for me.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:16 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I never go there, but when did Golden Corral close??? I have been to the one on Glenwood. Too noisy for me.
Two years ago. They tore it down and replaced it with a BJ's Brewhouse that opened a few months ago.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:32 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Two years ago. They tore it down and replaced it with a BJ's Brewhouse that opened a few months ago.
So, you're talking about the one in Cary, near REI? I see there are two GC on Capital Boulevard in Raleigh and Wake Forest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary