Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 04:11 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,810,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
It does seem like it will be here long enough to lose all sporting events for a few years as the deadline is next week and they're not even working today. It's just too bad all the really cool, strong republicans are acting like the special snowflakes they hate so much running scared because they evidently let their little girls go to the bathroom without supervision.
I don't see HB2 going away unless Democrats retake the GA or SCOTUS strikes it down. Phil Berger is hell bent on making sure HB2 isn't repealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 04:23 PM

299 posts, read 249,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I don't see HB2 going away unless Democrats retake the GA or SCOTUS strikes it down. Phil Berger is hell bent on making sure HB2 isn't repealed.
McCrory was the only one that could have gotten it repealed. I told people that before the election. But no they wanted Cooper who may as well go on an around the world cruise. Or walk the Appalachian trail..a few times.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:06 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
McCrory was the only one that could have gotten it repealed. I told people that before the election. But no they wanted Cooper who may as well go on an around the world cruise. Or walk the Appalachian trail..a few times.
Cooper is no prize, but McCrory was WEAK. He rolled over while uninformed hicks took this state back 40 years and did nothing. I hate I voted for him, thinking he was a decent, business oriented candidate who understood where the money comes from in this state.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:24 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,810,396 times
Quote:
McCrory was the only one that could have gotten it repealed.
No, he couldn't and he knew it because there was no way Berger would ever let a repeal happen. We saw that last December during that joke of a special session. They tricked Charlotte into repealing their ordinance in the false hope of having HB2 repealed. The whole thing was BS and a waste of time.

Cooper is as powerless now, as was McCrory then, in getting HB2 repealed. The difference is, Cooper actually wants HB2 gone. McCrory never did and still doesn't, as evidenced by his appearance recently on "Meet The Press" when he told Chuck Todd that he still doesn't regret signing HB2, even though it cost him the election. The guy is delusional.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:17 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,116 times
Quote:
I'm sure you made many phone calls with very important people as well.

And why are you suggesting that Cooper would do something that Mark Sanford, the former Republican governor of the state south of here did.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:02 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,119,994 times
Quote:
Do you know how the state of NC government works? Pat called a spacial session and Berger reneged on the deal. If Roy had the legal power to repeal HB2, it wouldn't be here.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:36 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,697 times
I don't care about bathroom issues.

All I hope is that the NC bill discourages companies and transplants from coming to our area.

We do not need them and the unfunded needs they bring.

Maybe legislators inadvertently helped us curb uncontrolled growth.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:44 PM

141 posts, read 162,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
I don't care about bathroom issues.

All I hope is that the NC bill discourages companies and transplants from coming to our area.

We do not need them and the unfunded needs they bring.

Maybe legislators inadvertently helped us curb uncontrolled growth.
You're kidding right? That's the opposite of progress, both when it comes to trans rights and economic growth. If you don't like growth in this state, you can move.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:03 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,119,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingocat1000 View Post
You're kidding right? That's the opposite of progress, both when it comes to trans rights and economic growth. If you don't like growth in this state, you can move.
I can't wait for the next elections!

Old 03-12-2017, 05:57 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingocat1000 View Post
Not progress at all.

It's a dumb assumption that growth is good. When taxes need to rise for everyone, that's not good.

Growth needs to pay its way or be discouraged as much as possible.

Bribing employers to move to overcrowded areas is just irresponsible and a sellout to greed in the real estate and development interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary