Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:13 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Just go to realtor.com or zillow.

Type in what you want to spend, plus what you need from a house.

Choose a town.

Search.

You'll see whether or not there's anything in your price range, and you can figure out the subdivision from the listing.

Or, find a realtor, have that realtor set up MLS searches for you in the greater Raleigh area (to include whichever suburbs you are willing to consider).

Don't write off Morrisville. It's pretty much the same as Cary and Apex. It all depends on where in Morrisville and you will find that you can be in Cary one minute, and driving through Morriville the next, then back in Cary, all on the same road.

If you're overlooking Morrisville because of the high population of Indian people you might as well not move here because every other place in the Triangle has a good many Asian people of all types anyway.
I believe she eliminate morrisville because of the plane noise from RDU. Which I don't agree is a problem everywhere in Morrisville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I believe she eliminate morrisville because of the plane noise from RDU. Which I don't agree is a problem everywhere in Morrisville.
And can be a problem in Cary and N. Raleigh.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
And can be a problem in Cary and N. Raleigh.
Especially in West Cary and in N Raleigh near Leesville area.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:54 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Just go to realtor.com or zillow.

Type in what you want to spend, plus what you need from a house.

Choose a town.

Search.

You'll see whether or not there's anything in your price range, and you can figure out the subdivision from the listing.

Or, find a realtor, have that realtor set up MLS searches for you in the greater Raleigh area (to include whichever suburbs you are willing to consider).

Don't write off Morrisville. It's pretty much the same as Cary and Apex. It all depends on where in Morrisville and you will find that you can be in Cary one minute, and driving through Morriville the next, then back in Cary, all on the same road.

If you're overlooking Morrisville because of the high population of Indian people you might as well not move here because every other place in the Triangle has a good many Asian people of all types anyway.

Again... always a little "off". It's like bird-shot. Just goes everywhere without rhyme or reason. Seems fishy.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:42 PM

256 posts, read 266,489 times
Fishy? LOL Did you ever hear of people really getting a good feel of an area before moving there and realizing later it's a mistake. Well, we won't make a mistake if we "go everywhere without rhyme or reason" - we will really know what we are getting into by doing just that!

I am genuinely being honest here, so don't test it.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:09 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
Fishy? LOL Did you ever hear of people really getting a good feel of an area before moving there and realizing later it's a mistake. Well, we won't make a mistake if we "go everywhere without rhyme or reason" - we will really know what we are getting into by doing just that!

Don't let the Welcome Wagon deter you.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:35 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post

We do occasionally get some trolls. This particular forum is really popular for people who say they want to relocate, then come in a little while later to complain.

I'm sure no harm was meant.

I hope you all enjoy your visit this weekend!

Old 03-24-2017, 06:18 AM

34 posts, read 38,929 times
For $300K you can def get something in Cary. As already said; it won't be new construction but it will be in a good neighborhood with .25-.4 acres on average. The market here is an aggressive seller's market and is projected to stay that way for at least another year. If you move after that it you may have more selection....but prices will, of course, have appreciated. Most of out older homes are well maintained and many (very) many have already been renovated and updated so no loss there.

For proximity to CGHS you should be looking in Cary but can also consider West Raleigh as it's reeeeeeally close to the west Raleigh neighborhoods. For more selection in your price point you can also consider the 27609 (Midtown/North Hills) area code right outside of North Hills (Fall of Neuse area). It will be 10-15 minutes further but your total drive will be 25 to 35 minutes (w/o heavy taffic).

If you are wanting to send your children to Catholic school for religious or cultural reasons I can understand but for curriculum we have some great public schools.

If I read correctly and you are in town this weekend you should check out the North Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo to get a better feel for the areas events: 9500 Durant Rd Raleigh 277614 3/25 from 3pm-7pm.

Good luck and enjoy your visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary