Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTechie View Post
My fellow Texan, to be brutally honest, it'd be hard for me to relocate to a place that's very different than Central Texas (I am in love with the area). I have traveled a lot and I feel there's no town like Austin or San Antonio, especially when it comes to cost, convenience, climate and culture (the 4 C's). So much to do, yet everything is so affordable. Having said that, probably the same reasons that took you to the Raleigh area are taking me there (lost my job, the best offer is from the Raleigh area. Other areas that I have received offers from are "different" like Iowa and remote North East. Not my type. Plain and simple).

I have been to Raleigh as part of my business trips and I'd say it's definitely very beautiful and thickly green. Having said that, it always seemed to be country and lonely at times except a few places in Chappel Hill, Durham and Raleigh.

Not having an accessible 24-hr gym is a big no for me but I might have to compromise with some martial arts club or cross-fitness meetups.

When you say, it's expensive, how expensive do you think it is?
There are 24 hr gyms in Raleigh. I rented a house in Durham to a Univ Tex physician doing residency at Duke, 4 years. Rented because he was dead set on moving wife and fam back to Austin after residency. He eventually relocated back to Austin but stated it was tough decision after getting accustomed to the seasons, culture and people, etc. Just because it's a different culture doesn't mean it's in anyway substandard. We get that a lot from Noo Yawk folks and of course Texans have a certain bravado like no other....see RebelScum.

You'll be ok and probably enjoy the area more than initially thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 AM

24 posts, read 25,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Did you google 24 hr gym Raleigh? I got several hits. It's not my thing. At 3am I want to sleep, but apparently other folks in our area want to work out.

Planet Fitness Gyms in Cary, NC
Seems it's 24 hr'ish as per the website but it's more than adequate. Thanks for the pointer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary