Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:47 AM

5 posts, read 4,547 times

Advertisements

We actually chose to live in Clayton since we want to be close to Raleigh, I like the school system, and it's closer to my families lake house near Henderson. My husband will finish his military career there so this will be our forever home.

Thanks again for the responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I live in the Cleveland area also and had a neighbor who commuted to Bragg who has since moved. He had a 45-60 minute drive and was no fan of it. He told me the routes he could and did take but I can't remember them.

Rt 40 traffic is like 695 traffic ten years ago if you are heading in the work directions and you will be. We are retired and going the wrong way during rush hour is a pain. There are ways to get around Clayton traffic if you go Jones Sausage but that has gotten just as bad. It all depends on accidents etc.

Hi TuborgP,

How do you like the Cleveland area? Hopefully it's a good place to live since we are building in Broadmoor. I've read good things online, but it's always better to ask someone who lives in the area!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 AM

31,680 posts, read 40,970,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrive_promoter View Post
Hi TuborgP,

How do you like the Cleveland area? Hopefully it's a good place to live since we are building in Broadmoor. I've read good things online, but it's always better to ask someone who lives in the area!
Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it and I came from your neck of the woods, thus the reference to 695. On the other hand 495 is and has been a zoo for years. So quiet and peaceful. We can hear your kids play and cars start up in parts of Broadmoor and we don't live there. The new food lion is like having our own local 7-11 etc etc. When you come out of Broadmoor and turn left you are leaving semi county and heading country for awhile. Smithfield/Selma is another story.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:50 AM

31,680 posts, read 40,970,152 times
Quote:
Hi TuborgP,

Are you familiar with White Oak Shopping area? White Oak road and 70? A quick trip from where you live going the back way. Only drawback is the only supermarkets are Loews and Food Lion. Food Lion may or may not be your choice. Cary isn't that far and in non rush hour you can be in down town Raleigh in 25-30 minutes. The Wilmington area beach's are about two hours away and you go the back way to get to 40 not back out to 42.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM

2,001 posts, read 3,573,191 times
I would recommend if possible trying to do a mock commute. A lot of areas seem remote until you are waiting 15 minutes to go through a stop light that backs up 4 miles during rush hour.

Traffic used to be great 10 years ago and it gets more like DC/Baltimore every day.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:29 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,233,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
I would recommend if possible trying to do a mock commute. A lot of areas seem remote until you are waiting 15 minutes to go through a stop light that backs up 4 miles during rush hour.

Traffic used to be great 10 years ago and it gets more like DC/Baltimore every day.
Johnston County like DC? Never! Maybe Wake in 30 years.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:19 PM

This is all great info! I'm not really familiar with Johnson County at all except my drive into town to look at the Broadmoor neighborhood. It was a day trip from Southern VA and back. I'm flying into town tomorrow for a day to check out the area again and have a pre-construction meeting. There is no going back at this point. :-)

Google Maps has the commute from Broadmoor to Seymour Johnson as being about 45 minutes...is that accurate?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:14 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,866,759 times
Quote:
Hello!

My husband has orders to NC and we will be moving to Broadmoor in Clayton this summer. He will be making a commute to Seymour Johnson and I am currently trying to figure out what direction is best for me to go towards, work-wise.

I have job opportunities at Ft Bragg, but is that commute too far? Would I be better off trying to find work in Raleigh or Cary?

We have two young children, so I will be looking to work a typical 9-5 and spending the least amount of time sitting in traffic, the better! Especially with us coming from Baltimore, MD area...I am TIRED OF TRAFFIC!

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!
Seymour Johnson is in Fayetteville, is there a particular reason that you guys chose to move to Clayton, Fuquay would have been a better middle ground if you guys were trying to be near the triangle area vs just moving to Fayetteville(gets a lot of flack but it really isn't that bad, and developments are starting to happen).

Your Husband would have a way easier commute to Seymour and you as well to Fort Bragg, and you would still be close to Raleigh or Cary if you went that route.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:07 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,233,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
[color="Red"]Seymour Johnson is in Fayetteville is there a particular reason that you guys chose to move to Clayton, Fuquay would have been a better middle ground if you guys were trying to be near the triangle area vs just moving to Fayetteville(gets a lot of flack but it really isn't that bad, and developments are starting to happen).

Your Husband would have a way easier commute to Seymour and you as well to Fort Bragg, and you would still be close to Raleigh or Cary if you went that route.
Seymour Johnson is in Goldsboro. Fuquay to Goldsboro would be a nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary