Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 PM

50 posts, read 67,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
I prefer north Raleigh because of the proximity to 540 for commuting. For that reason I immediately thought of falls River / Bedford as options. Heritage is really nice too and all three of those have good school districts. Falls River and Bedford largely feed abbots creek elementary which is brand new. Friends with kids there rave about it.
Thank you for the ongoing help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM

34 posts, read 38,938 times
Default WF v Raleigh

There's actually a lot of new construction in Wake Forest. Heritage still has phases under construction for sure others in a similar price point would be:
Drayton Reserve
Austin Creek
Stonegate
Reynolds Mills
Emerald Woods
Traditions
etc...

I'm curious to know who told you that you should look at new construction for the purposes of making friends. That seems odd advise. This area is super friendly in general. There are lots of young families here. You can join meetups, volunteer, go to festivals or parks, etc...to meet people. I would not let that be the deciding factor in why you choose new vs resale or WF vs Raleigh. I've honestly never gone out and NOT made friends including folks with kids!

Old 03-21-2017, 05:13 AM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2558 View Post
Thank you. Heritage looks potentially perfect. One concern...we were told to try and focus on new construction communities because many will be moving in without existing friends. Also our kids are very young and we were told new construction tends to have lots of babies.

We consider ourselves social so hopefully we would thrive anywhere, but do you think Heritage is "cliquey"? Would like any advantage we can in making friends and getting settled.
Heritage has hundreds of homes and multiple sections. While there are friend groups, I don't think of it as cliquey. It was a little bit that way 13 years ago when it first opened and there was only one section. But I now, absolutely not. There are so many people that everyone I know that has looked for friends has been able to find them.

While I have heard that advice as well, I wouldn't let that piece of advice drive such an important decision as where you buy a home. I think it's less important in a big neighborhood like heritage with new people moving in all the time than a smaller neighborhood. There are no guarantees you are going to meet people that you click with in a new construction neighborhood. And if you base your decision mainly on that, then you will be in a neighborhood you aren't thrilled with and not have neighbors that you click with it. There are also many different ways to meet people, not just your neighbors.

That said, you may want to look at the section of Heritage that is on the same side of Rogers as Harris Tetter. My observation is that there may be more young families over there since the houses a little less expensive than the sections on the golf course. There are also more houses so more people. Right now there are a ton of teenagers and older kids in the sections on the golf course since many people bought in when the kids were young and heritage was built (speaking to the advice you were given). But that said there are definitely some young families in the golf course sections as well. One of my favorite things about Heritage is the age diversity, you have young families, empty nesters and people with kids and teens.

If you have any questions about Heritage, let me know. We have been members of the golf club/pool for 15 years (when it opened) and moved here in 2010 from Youngsville.

I also wanted to comment on the post above about her preferring North Raleigh to Wake Forest due to the 540 access, I wanted to add that one of the benefits of Heritage's location is that it has relatively easy access via 401 to 540 so you don't have to touch Capital. You can also be downtown a lot quicker than other parts of Wake Forest because you miss a lot of the traffic by using Forestville to 401.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPNCMari View Post
I've honestly never gone out and NOT made friends including folks with kids!
THank you. I believe we read it somewhere on these forums.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
You can also be downtown a lot quicker than other parts of Wake Forest because you miss a lot of the traffic by using Forestville to 401.
Thank you for your help and advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary