Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I was not impressed with Freddy's, but I can see from other comments, I'm in the minority. I don't know, it just didn't stand out to me, and for the same price, I liked other places better (similar to what I say about five guys). Not bad, just not in the top tier of my list either.

I only ate at Bad-Daddy's once, and I got some kind of fried chicken sammich that was very good. They are a bit pricey, but seem to give value for the price, so I'll agree, it can be a go-to place if you want a step up from the standard fast-food places. And they have decent beer.

Also had a burger at Ruckus the other day. It was very good, I got the Southern [something-something] burger. I thought the standard "pasta salad" that came as a side was not that great. It was basically macaroni salad in a heavy mayonaisse base. I'll be back, but will get a different side next time. Good beer (or as I like to call it, "adult shakes") selection.
The Ruckus in PW is in a terrible location from a parking standpoint. The patrons take up most of the parking lot. I wish it was in a location with more parking nearby, because it's really popular.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:44 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
What's the consensus on Freddy's? I had never heard of it before moving here.

Tried it the other night for the first time and it was different, but good. A little too salty, not sure if it was just a one-off. I'm a fan of thin fries.
I don't like Freddies, have been there two times. The food is prepared well, but I just don't like thin burgers or fries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 07:57 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
I don't like the food at Freddy's. Custard is good, but I'm not going over there just to get custard. I don't like Ruckus either, not impressed by any of their food.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:51 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I love Five Guys but I agree that for the price, burgers are a little expensive (even if they are huge!) compared to say a Cookout or Char-Grill
I went over the weekend to the one in my area and I ordered the "little cheeseburger". It was tiny, hanging over one side of the too big bun and there was no meat on the other side of the bun. It was horrible. I don't know if you have a Culver's in that area but they make good burgers, fish, great fries and delicious custardy ice cream.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:26 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I went over the weekend to the one in my area and I ordered the "little cheeseburger". It was tiny, hanging over one side of the too big bun and there was no meat on the other side of the bun. It was horrible. I don't know if you have a Culver's in that area but they make good burgers, fish, great fries and delicious custardy ice cream.
Ok, so you got exactly what you ordered, it sounds like. Was the taste horrible or was it just too small?

Old 04-07-2017, 11:39 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
Parkside has two pizza places, two tex mex places and three burger places if you count the bar inside the Cinebowl and Hickory Tavern, among other restaurants.

Hobby Lobby and Stein Mart might bring over some more spill over traffic for these places, but it's a matter of time before one of these Parkside food places close.

That Five Guys at Parkside is good, but it's in an odd location. The whole Parkside development is odd, it should have been a dense, walkable mixed-use (North Hills style) development. That railroad crossing at O'Kelly Chapel should have been opened by now too. Then we gotta wait for the Whole Foods up the road to open in 6 months, I thought that was gonna open originally in February

I agree. But the Hickory Tavern and Cinebowl shouldn't be direct competition to Five Guys, because unless you investigate, no one knows exactly what kinda food is inside either of those places. Between the two Mexican places, (and I use the word "Mexican" lightly) Chuy's should stay. I got serious food poisoning after eating at Tijuana Flats on my first visit there, and the food isn't even CLOSE to Mexican. I swear they microwaved everything they gave me. Every shopping plaza on earth has an authentic Mexican Restaurant; what went wrong here? Ugh! Maddio's pizza is acceptable at best; I have yet to understand why they even get as much business as they do. Maybe because I like authentic Italian/New York style pizza, and what they're serving AIN'T IT!!

You're right, Parkside wasn't well thought out; either that, or they changed what they were going to do, and it wasn't a good change. It's very disjointed. As for the location, I don't have a problem with the location, it's the lay out of the plaza itself. That section of Hwy 55 did need some life breathed into it, so in some ways, I'm glad Parkside is there.

Not sure what railroad on O'Kelly Chapel you're speaking of......But never mind that. Are you saying that Whole Foods isn't opening for another SIX MONTHS??!!! I've understood for the longest that they were opening in the Spring of this year. What changed?

Old 04-07-2017, 12:26 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
We've had Freddy's here in the Midwest for a long time. It's a slightly nicer version of Steak N Shake. I'm not really a fan.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:11 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
I agree. But the Hickory Tavern and Cinebowl shouldn't be direct competition to Five Guys, because unless you investigate, no one knows exactly what kinda food is inside either of those places. Between the two Mexican places, (and I use the word "Mexican" lightly) Chuy's should stay. I got serious food poisoning after eating at Tijuana Flats on my first visit there, and the food isn't even CLOSE to Mexican. I swear they microwaved everything they gave me. Every shopping plaza on earth has an authentic Mexican Restaurant; what went wrong here? Ugh! Maddio's pizza is acceptable at best; I have yet to understand why they even get as much business as they do. Maybe because I like authentic Italian/New York style pizza, and what they're serving AIN'T IT!!

You're right, Parkside wasn't well thought out; either that, or they changed what they were going to do, and it wasn't a good change. It's very disjointed. As for the location, I don't have a problem with the location, it's the lay out of the plaza itself. That section of Hwy 55 did need some life breathed into it, so in some ways, I'm glad Parkside is there.

Not sure what railroad on O'Kelly Chapel you're speaking of......But never mind that. Are you saying that Whole Foods isn't opening for another SIX MONTHS??!!! I've understood for the longest that they were opening in the Spring of this year. What changed?
Yeah. As mentioned the original plan for Parkside was way different than what they built.

Whole Foods is slowing down their expansion plans nationwide evidently so they are delaying opening this store for a few more months, probably to push into a different fiscal year or something.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:18 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,988,329 times
Article on the Whole Foods delay:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...g-opening.html

Old 04-07-2017, 03:30 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Ok, so you got exactly what you ordered, it sounds like. Was the taste horrible or was it just too small?
It was blah, and if you're going to serve a small burger, use a small bun so customers aren't getting all bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary