Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 07:10 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
It was an authentic NY experience though, if you want that next time you visit. Overly long wait for food, order was wrong and no one really gave two craps and acted like you're crazy when you mentioned it. Just like being back in the old nabe! Now I don't have to travel 600 miles when I want to by treated like a real NYer!
You are fierce! The NYer is still in you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 08:58 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
It was an authentic NY experience though, if you want that next time you visit. Overly long wait for food, order was wrong and no one really gave two craps and acted like you're crazy when you mentioned it. Just like being back in the old nabe! Now I don't have to travel 600 miles when I want to by treated like a real NYer!
Haha - coudn't rep you -

Old 04-02-2017, 10:47 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Just destroyed a frozen "Home Run Inn" pizza while watching the SC/Zaga game....probably the best frozen pizza I've ever had.

Go Heels!
I had that once or twice, definitely tasted differently than any other frozen pizza. Good stuff.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:12 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Quote:
Next time I visit, I'm staying for good. My house is on the market in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed things go well.

At least now I know what pizza place to avoid. We've already got a few favorite places, but haven't had any pizza down there. I'll make sure to do a search for this thread and the million other pizza and bagel arguments before I try anything.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:55 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,964 times
I would like to nominate Dante's It's on Falls of Neuse in Wakefield, in a strip mall, but is a very nice Italian restaurant. There is a thin-crust pizza they call "Mama's Favorite". Excellent thin-crust if that is your thing.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:38 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
My recent faves:

Salvios in Cary: Everything on the menu is awesome!
Cozzalinos in Cary: Great pizza, all toppings after #3 are free (great for a custom junk-pie)
Randy's on Miami: (as properly mentioned, owned differently than all the other Randy's)
Belle Italia: Only had it once, on a whim. It hit the spot that night.

We are ALWAYS looking for good pizza. Salvios is my go-to. They are in the neighborhood, treat us well, and are always good (solid Cheesesteak, BTW), but we like to mix it up too, so ALWAYS looking for options.

I need to try Ruckus again. Only had it once, it was OK, but maybe an off day. I just got one slice. They are open now near the Apex Costco, so I'll try 'em again.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:43 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times
Germany born and Carolina bred but since a few of my spots have already been mentioned I'll say that I love NY Pizza on Hillsborough St(the one in Brier Creek, DT Wilmington were not the same(didn't try Chapel Hill location) and the pizza at Trophy Brewing are pretty good.

Chain but Uncle Maddio's is good at least to me, I don't eat pork so I appreciate the selection of meats the spicy chicken sausage is really good and actually does have a kick to it(some spots that say spicy aren't spicy at all).

Anybody been to the new spot in DT Cary Pizzeria Faulisi???

Old 04-03-2017, 07:54 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post

There is a thread on that place. I went the day BEFORE opening. The pizza was great, but they understandably had some kinks to work out with service. My service was impecable, but my friend had a minor problem that was resolved quickly and gracefully.

It's a niche place, so from the get-go, some people won't like it, or "get it". I'm really glad they are in Cary. I hope they continue to progress. I would love to get their take-out so I can enjoy my pizza outside at Bond Brothers, with a beer, and I hope they expand hours, because as it stands right now, I could only go with my GF on Friday or Saturday night, and we avoid popular places on those nights.

I liked it. (But because it's Niche, I treat them different than other pizza places in discussions like this.)

You're a fellow cyclist. We ought to get a group together, ride 30-40 miles of greenways, and end up in Cary for beer and pizza sometime.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:25 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Germany born and Carolina bred but since a few of my spots have already been mentioned I'll say that I love NY Pizza on Hillsborough St(the one in Brier Creek, DT Wilmington were not the same(didn't try Chapel Hill location) and the pizza at Trophy Brewing are pretty good.

Chain but Uncle Maddio's is good at least to me, I don't eat pork so I appreciate the selection of meats the spicy chicken sausage is really good and actually does have a kick to it(some spots that say spicy aren't spicy at all).

I love the cheese slices at I Love NY Pizza on Hillsborough...not so much parking.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:29 AM

97 posts, read 115,216 times
Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Pizzaria Toro
Pompierie
Capps a Pizza
The Boot
Blaze (more quick service type of place)
Treforni (but they need to cook it longer)

These are all brick oven style. As far as slice pizza (pizza shop pizza), I'm not really a huge fan of anywhere, I've had some that is decent though. But to be fair, I wasn't a huge fan of slice pizza when I lived in Manhattan or Long Island. Not that any of it was bad, I just prefer Brick Oven and Coal Fired.

I'd love it if they opened an Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza around here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary